8 to 14 months.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
YES. Beautiful! This weekend I will take my pics of my little guys for this thread. If I can clean all the mud off them for the photo shoot!
Tammy, you need to stop making promises and just get the pics taken already. OK?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Tammy, you need to stop making promises and just get the pics taken already. OK?
OK then, you asked for it.
My redfoots, 19 months...a bit of pyramiding, but I am keeping it under control pretty well.
torts.jpg

Attachments

• torts3.jpg
    torts3.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 10

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Sorry I seem to have repeated the first picture...don't know how to take it off.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
They look very good Tammy. How long have you had them for?
I have had them from hatchlings in April 2016.
I live in the mountains here and the humidity is not quite as high as on the plains near the ocean, so I have to always work on that for them.
Their outdoor enclosure is 2/3 covered with grasses and bushes to hold the humidity, so they get dappled sunlight in the days.
They get any amount of clover, cactus and other weeds they can eat.
They get small snails sometimes, also crushed boiled egg, cuttlebone, pink mice and a bit of cat food for protein and calcium.
They like okra, mustard greens, mango, among other veggies and fruit.
Roughly 6 1/2 inches carapace length.
I keep them in separate enclosures (glass tanks, with bush, covered) indoors at night when it gets very cool outside, but I wonder if I still have to do so when they are about 2 years. The temperature outside at night can get into the low 60's and even high 50's at this time of year.
Thank you!

ColaCarbonaria

Pensacola, Florida
I have had them from hatchlings in April 2016.
I live in the mountains here and the humidity is not quite as high as on the plains near the ocean, so I have to always work on that for them.
Their outdoor enclosure is 2/3 covered with grasses and bushes to hold the humidity, so they get dappled sunlight in the days.
They get any amount of clover, cactus and other weeds they can eat.
They get small snails sometimes, also crushed boiled egg, cuttlebone, pink mice and a bit of cat food for protein and calcium.
They like okra, mustard greens, mango, among other veggies and fruit.
Roughly 6 1/2 inches carapace length.
I keep them in separate enclosures (glass tanks, with bush, covered) indoors at night when it gets very cool outside, but I wonder if I still have to do so when they are about 2 years. The temperature outside at night can get into the low 60's and even high 50's at this time of year.
Thank you!

Your tortoises look great Tammy!! And I’m going to try giving mine okra I never have before. It gets that cold at night up here too and I built my guys a “dog” house that’s tall enough for CHE and I insulated it.