8 new shelled foster kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I just had to tell, I just got 8 DT last Friday.
I am fostering 4 adult males and 4 yearlings.

My Tort club had a large batch come in 19 torts total came in that Friday. I had offered to foster a couple. Friday night that turned into 8.:p

It took the adult males a couple of days to settle in and stop trying to flip and nip one another (they had all been previously housed together) The yearlings are so cute. Josh I now know why you were so excited about your little ones. My club is trying to find homes for the adult males and hopefully they will before they hibernate but I have plans for them if they don't. I will hibernate them out of the weather in my shed. The yearlings as well as my Greeks will not hibernate this winter. All are eating and drinking fine. Life is Good.

My female sheltie mix thinks it is her job to check on them every morning and every night before bed, and occasionally in the middle of the night. I do not leave her alone with them but she does like to go out and nose each one as if she is counting them, then she lays down with them for a while then repeats the process of nosing each one. She is content to repeat this over and over until I let her know its time to go in. She's a good surrogate tort mommy.;)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Wow, that's totally cool! Great of you to take them in!!! And sooooooooooooo cute about your Sheltie!!!!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Thats so nice! I miss my DTs that I had when I lived in AZ. :( I had one 22yr old Melanistic (all black) female that was gorgeous!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D your sheltie sounds really sweet! Sounds like you have your hands full at the moment.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
So cool to have torty foster kids...they dont talk back lol
In stead of a sheep dog ..sounds like a tort dog:p:cool:

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I do have pics and will try and get them posted by this weekend.
My sheltie is sweet. And definietly a tort dog.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
T-P said:
OOOOOOOOO! you have a sheltie dog?
theyre so beautiful

Well T-P my sheltie is a mix. But she is beautiful and so, so smart. Sometimes too smart for her own good. She is actually tri color. But I will have her in some of the pics that I will post watching over the torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.