8 months old horsefield

Mitchyp

Location (City and/or State)
Ellesmere port
Hi everyone I've just noticed upon picking up trevor that right in the middle of his plastron is slightly soft not majorly but definitely softer than the rest he has a weed only diet bristly oxtongue,dandelion leaves , cress some times abit of cucumber to make sure he's hydrated plus plantain I use calci dust 5 days a week plus nutrobal 2 days he has also started chomping on his cuttle fish do you think this is ok please many thanks

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I just wanted to say hello and welcome to TFO. You found the right place to get the advice you need. I have a Russian but have never raised a baby. So stick around. There are threads here for Russians and their care until a more knowledgeable member answers you though in the meantime. Also if you can provide pictures that will help them help you.?

Mitchyp

Ellesmere port
I just wanted to say hello and welcome to TFO. You found the right place to get the advice you need. I have a Russian but have never raised a baby. So stick around. There are threads here for Russians and their care until a more knowledgeable member answers you though in the meantime. Also if you can provide pictures that will help them help you.?
Hi Cathie thankyou I'm a newbie to these forums but thought it would be good to join he's asleep at the moment will add them tomorrow

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi Cathie thankyou I'm a newbie to these forums but thought it would be good to join he's asleep at the moment will add them tomorrow
I promise you won't regret it. I had my tortoise for many years and felt so alone. I've even had a pet shop try to sell me turtle food for a Russian! I quit looking online for many years and then one night I found TFO. Just keep searching the site there's info all over it. Good luck with your baby.

Mitchyp

Ellesmere port
I promise you won't regret it. I had my tortoise for many years and felt so alone. I've even had a pet shop try to sell me turtle food for a Russian! I quit looking online for many years and then one night I found TFO. Just keep searching the site there's info all over it. Good luck with your baby.
Thank you Cathie