7 yr old, sweet redfoot looking for home in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarketingGirl

5 Year Member
Our sweet redfoot, Tiko, needs more care than we can provide after loving him for 4 years. He is about 8 years old (we think). He lives free roam in my backyard with lots of special places to hide, and would love for him to have a new home with friends and the ability to roam. Seeing him in a tiny enclosure would break my heart, as I see him make the rounds in our .25 acre back yard about 2 times a day. He is healthy, friendly, loves an over-ripe organic banana twice a week or so, and eats mostly greens that grow in the yard for him and high quality no grain dog food, small bite. We will miss him so, but I will be traveling starting in June for work, and it's not fair to him to be all alone. He loves to come out and sit by me in the yard or when I work on the back porch.

I saw @ZEROPILOT reply from S FL and wonder if you are interested? I am just south of Cocoa Beach.

Anyone interested with a suitable good home, please let me know.

MarketingGirl

5 Year Member
sauxvxslCL

MarketingGirl

5 Year Member
Thank you, @tortdad , yes! I read his reply to another red foot re-homing request in another state. Open to any good home, but fingers crossed he is interested.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Basically, wouldn't be able to even drive up until maybe next Monday, the 25th.
Although I would like him, I am also not going to try to get in the way of anyone who lives closer and needs him more than I do.
Please, lets just find him a good home.
Thanks, for thinking of me!!
Cocoa Beach is not close by. But it'd be worth the drive....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
@MarketingGirl

Homes don't get any better than with Ed
Why thanks! I'm just trying to not hog up all the loose tortoises! Let someone else have one or two.
Otherwise next Monday I'll go for a drive.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to sleep!

Last edited:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Thank you everyone! @ZEROPILOT I am looking for the PM area of site.
@junebugsmom when I find that I will PM you, also. Thanks again to everyone in thread-much appreciated!

Are you using the APP or the web version? On the web version, PMs aka conversations are under "Inbox" in the upper right hand corner; on mobile it may be off screen and you have to scroll to the right. In the APP, tap the upper left hand corner and then "Messages"

MarketingGirl

5 Year Member
Thank you @ZEROPILOT , yes I am using the app version for mobile. The nav is a bit of a puzzle, but I found it and sent you a message. Here's another pic of Tiko this AM enjoying his Sunday over ripe organic banana. He has taught me to eat organic only, as he turns away from non organic bananas! If he can tell the difference, I decided, I shouldn't eat non organic bananas or bibb lettuce either! ::)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The news of my possibly getting another tortoise didn't go over very well with my wife over the weekend. My usual trick, BRIBERY, didn't work.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to take Tiko in.
Not at this time anyway.
Thanks for even considering me!

Status
Not open for further replies.