7 year old Sulcata?

Gwenamy

Location (City and/or State)
Windsor
Hi. I rescued a 6-year-old Sulcata and have had him a year. In the year, he has doubled in size, from 6 inches across to over 12 inches. My concern is that I read a post recently that said a 7 year old Sulcata should be 40-50 pounds, and he is nowhere near that. Could he be younger than they thought? He had pyramiding when we adopted him. His new shell growth appears to be flatflatterDjango 1 year apart.JPG.

Attachments

• Django with old cave.JPG
    Django with old cave.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Django in new cave.JPG
    Django in new cave.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 11

Gwenamy

Windsor
The first photo is Django one year apart. The second is him in his old cave that he outgrew, the third is him in his new cave that I built for him. Plan to build much larger enclosure for him in Spring. He grazes on grass, that greens are supplemental to that at this point.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
The local Wildlife Rescue here gave me a Sulcata who was found walking the downtown streets of Portland Oregon. I thought she was about 6-7 yrs, but she only weighs 20 lbs. There's really no way to 'guess' an age. I'd say she was younger, but she's badly pyramided. Could that happen in 3 years? I do not know. But your tort needs careful feeding and lighting, humidity.
You need this... and my tort is Mary Knobbins
100_5094.JPG

100_4167.JPG