6th vertebral scute?

Meesh

Location (City and/or State)
BRUNSWICK
No no im not offended was just confused. Im in portland maine
Petsmart hasn't sold tortoises in this area for a few years now.
Maine doesn't have much of a selection unless youre in a bigger city. New Hampshire has less strict laws so you can find almost any breed there. Ive gotten an african leopard. A baby sulcata. Eastern box turtle. Maine you won't really find those.

zovick

10 Year Member!
No no im not offended was just confused. Im in portland maine
I am from MA and went to camp in Washington, ME every summer as a kid. I had a good friend from Brunswick at the camp named Wally Pinfold. Any chance you've heard of the family?

BTW, your new tortoise looks quite good, no matter which subspecies it is (though I guess the consensus here is it's an Eastern).

zovick

10 Year Member!
Petsmart hasn't sold tortoises in this area for a few years now.
Maine doesn't have much of a selection unless youre in a bigger city. New Hampshire has less strict laws so you can find almost any breed there. Ive gotten an african leopard. A baby sulcata. Eastern box turtle. Maine you won't really find those.
I am a good friend of Kevin McCurley who owns NERD and the ZooCreatures Pet Store in Plaistow, NH. He has a lot of various animals from time to time. He used to get all my surplus baby Indian Stars from me back in the 1990's.

Have you ever been there?

Meesh

BRUNSWICK
I am from MA and went to camp in Washington, ME every summer as a kid. I had a good friend from Brunswick at the camp named Wally Pinfold. Any chance you've heard of the family?

BTW, your new tortoise looks quite good, no matter which subspecies it is (though I guess the consensus here is it's an Eastern).
No I haven't heard of them. & thank you! I think she's an eastern as well. Shes not bright yellow enough to be western. That keyhole shape she has just made me wonder. I wouldn't want to continue housing her with the other easterns if she was western & have cross breeding going on.

Meesh

BRUNSWICK
I am a good friend of Kevin McCurley who owns NERD and the ZooCreatures Pet Store in Plaistow, NH. He has a lot of various animals from time to time. He used to get all my surplus baby Indian Stars from me back in the 1990's.

No I havnt but next time im around there I'll def check it out.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

Im over there almost every weekend. They just did a reptile show at my sons birthday party in June.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Me too. And if anyone gives u any bad comments about buying from petco just shoot them the bird! Its ur choice.

Meesh

BRUNSWICK
Me too. And if anyone gives u any bad comments about buying from petco just shoot them the bird! Its ur choice

Me too. And if anyone gives u any bad comments about buying from petco just shoot them the bird! Its ur choice.
Thanks, I normally wouldn't buy from petco bc I don't like how they house & treat their animals before they get to the store But her crazy little personality caught my attn.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Thanks, I normally wouldn't buy from petco bc I don't like how they house & treat their animals before they get to the store But her crazy little personality caught my attn.
Believe me.. there are a lot of ppl here that have bought from petco and just are to fake to admit it

Meesh

BRUNSWICK
Not to mention ur a psycho and im to scared to disagree w u ??
Crazy maybe but psycho is a lil strong ? but yes I know what you're referring to. that post where I asked ppl not to jump on me telling me 8 was wrong for the way I housed one of my hermanns & this one girl just wouldn't stop lol.. Yeah that post was someth else..

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Crazy maybe but psycho is a lil strong ? but yes I know what you're referring to. that post where I asked ppl not to jump on me telling me 8 was wrong for the way I housed one of my hermanns & this one girl just wouldn't stop lol.. Yeah that post was someth else..
I gonna lie.. it was kinda hot lol

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Definitely an Eastern, you can tell the difference right away from an eastern and a western. Eastern is more dual, while western is more vibrant. Almost like the shell was painted perfectly. However, both subspecies are beautiful. I own a western Hermann's from Chris Leone and my baby is only 5 months and colors are outstanding already. I can't get over how beautiful those colors are.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Definitely an Eastern, you can tell the difference right away from an eastern and a western. Eastern is more dual, while western is more vibrant. Almost like the shell was painted perfectly. However, both subspecies are beautiful. I own a western Hermann's from Chris Leone and my baby is only 5 months and colors are outstanding already. I can't get over how beautiful those colors are.
Vibrance is not a tell tale...individuals are all different. Some westerns ive seen are not that great as adults