6th Annual Tortoise Forum Calendar Photo Contest!

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
is the pre-votting thread up yet ? i'm really excited about it....checking the contest section every 5 min.....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mainey34 said:
Thank you Yvonne...you are the best..and the only one who responded to my Pm after i tried to get like 4 of them...any ways a big star for you today... :)

Sorry I wasn't on til now and the first thing I did do was answer your PM question (even though I was excited to see the photo thread, which look like it might not have gotten ut up by Josh yet).

ben awes

5 Year Member
shanu303 said:
is the pre-votting thread up yet ? i'm really excited about it....checking the contest section every 5 min.....

Clearly the "pre-votting photo thread" is on west coast time! Come on Josh, wake up! we can't wait any more! ;):D:cool:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
No more entries. It's over folks. It's time to view our pics. Please, Josh, post our pics.

Josh said:
We could use some more entries!!
There's never too many!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We have the thread up now. It takes longer then you think to go through all those photos, check they meet rules, then load them up and get them on the thread.

Those whose pictures are not showing have 24 hours from this point (time is stamped on my post) to get them resubmitted IF they can meet the rules (size is a huge issue).

I think we will have another contest (one of the monthly types) open only to those who entered the calendar contest, but were unable to meet the size rule. How does that sound?

ben awes

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
We have the thread up now. It takes longer then you think to go through all those photos, check they meet rules, then load them up and get them on the thread.

Those whose pictures are not showing have 24 hours from this point (time is stamped on my post) to get them resubmitted IF they can meet the rules (size is a huge issue).

I think we will have another contest (one of the monthly types) open only to those who entered the calendar contest, but were unable to meet the size rule. How does that sound?

I don't doubt it's a ton of work - thanks for your willingness!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And just a little hint to you if you don't see your picture. There were 70 entries, but only 39 photos matched up to the rules. The most important thing was the picture was too small (pixel-wise).

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
I just re-sent mine in the event mine did not go through. I had previously sent mine through my cell phone and it's possible that my cell phone distorted/altered it's size. Trying again!

Kameo37

5 Year Member
Where is the pre voting thread? I can't even find a "contest" section of the forum. Maybe it's because I'm using the app?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Yes, i believe mine Didnt make it because of the size of the photo. So i resubmitted it using a 5 megapixel. When will we know if it has been accepted?

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
The contest section is kinda buried. Heres where i found it in the phone app: Go to Forum > Welcome to TFO > Site Announcements > TFO Contests

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Yvonne G said:
And just a little hint to you if you don't see your picture. There were 70 entries, but only 39 photos matched up to the rules. The most important thing was the picture was too small (pixel-wise).

Mine matched all the rules and wasn't posted. My email said it went through.
I resubmitted it.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
I can't find it. I have no TFO contests listed under site announcements.
It came up for me yesterday under unread threads, automatically when I opened TFO.
???????
Is voting over?
I got sidetracked because I had a concert to go to last night and a million things to do yesterday.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Voting starts today, and will continue until the 24th. Photo entries ended yesterday. So, voting starts today and I was gonna ask where is the thread for voting.

AnnV said:
I can't find it. I have no TFO contests listed under site announcements.
It came up for me yesterday under unread threads, automatically when I opened TFO.
???????
Is voting over?
I got sidetracked because I had a concert to go to last night and a million things to do yesterday.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Thanks so much Josh! TFO members took great pictures. Going to be a fantastic calendar any which way it goes. Good luck everyone and beautiful shell babies!