6 month old tort motionless

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
Took the little guy to the vet and they confirmed that he passed on. We buried him this morning by one of our palm trees, facing east, towards the sun rise. I'm so heart broken. Just feel a lot of quilt. But I'll be ok I guest.
I’m so very sorry for your loss. I am holding you close to my heart.

Lady321

Orlando, FL
My deepest sympathies are with you and I'm so sorry you had to experience this <3 I know this will be a hard time for you but myself and others here, are there for you.

If you decide to get another Sulcata in the future, I highly recommend buying from one of the responsible breeders on this forum and following the caresheet that was linked to you, as that caresheet made my first time setting up a sulcata closed chamber a smooth one and also helped make sure I didn't buy any unnecessary or wrong equipment.

Buying from a breeder here will also help make sure you get a healthy baby that has been raised properly from the beginning and will be thriving and growing. Buying a healthy, well-started baby, coupled with following that caresheet to the T - will give you a successful second experience if you decide to get another.

I cannot stress how important it is to choose the correct breeder, as babies that are not started properly, will have a great chance of not thriving and/or meeting an early grave, even if you have the enclosure and husbandry 100% spot on.

@Tom and @mastershake are two users here I would consult if you decide to get another sulcata.
Yes you are absolutely correct. This past week has been hard. The hurt didnt really set in until we buried him the next morning. My daughter's father had surprised me with him for my birthday, in October, and had gotten most of the care info from the pet store. I do plan on getting another one, but like you said will definitely go to a legitimate breeder. Thankyou for your concern and your condolences. But now I know where to come for advice etc. Only wish I would have done it sooner.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
we are here in florida (sarasota county) if you have any questions. very sorry for your loss. as tom explained dont think this was your fault.

Lady321

Orlando, FL
Thankyou so so much. I've always been good with handling pets. Once I get them, they live normally for a long time. This is a first for me. I am considering another one and will research 100%. Like I stated previously, alot of things on the care sheet the pet store associates lefted out and I feel I didnt do enough planning for the little guy. But agin, thankyou.

Lady321

Orlando, FL
Don’t give up hang in there I am truly sorry that the pet store did not explain stuff to you as a pet store employee myself soon as I found this site I literally print all out care sheets from here for the animals on here that we sell . We all make mistakes and as sad as it is at the animals we love so much at their expense wether dog cat parrots etc. we just need to learn and grow and there is no better place than here !
You're absolutely right and thankyou. If when I do get another one, I will definitely go to a legitimate breeder. No more pet depending on petstore.