6.5r UVB METERS ON SALE!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
They usually sell for $249. I've never seen them this cheap! Great tip. Thanks for sharing this.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Might of been one of those quick 15 min sales.
Yes, that could be.
I'm wondering if different geographic areas get different pricing. The $216. looks like the regular price, it isn't marked as a sale price.
Or depending when this was advertised, the time difference comes into play. I'll wait til midnight and see if it changes.

I do need one though, so I'll probably order it anyway.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I waited until after midnight my time and the price changed!! :)

scroll...

⬇⬇⬇

It went UP $4.00!! ?
Keep watching the price. Many things on Amazon have regular price fluctuations, sometimes even a couple times per day. If you watch it, the price will go back down. When I have things that are more expensive or that I see the price fluctuating on, I usually add them to my “wish list” so I can quickly and easily keep tabs on the price. I’ve also noticed that when a price seems to drop surprisingly low, they will only sell 1 at that price before the price goes back up. If it makes you feel any better, the same solar meter is $249.99 in Canada.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Amazon does fluctuate and maybe the forum got a special deal. I see them on the auto forums all the time since a 10% discount or more could spur hundreds of sales that would have not previously occurred

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Keep watching the price. Many things on Amazon have regular price fluctuations, sometimes even a couple times per day. If you watch it, the price will go back down. When I have things that are more expensive or that I see the price fluctuating on, I usually add them to my “wish list” so I can quickly and easily keep tabs on the price. I’ve also noticed that when a price seems to drop surprisingly low, they will only sell 1 at that price before the price goes back up. If it makes you feel any better, the same solar meter is $249.99 in Canada.

I ordered one. I've been thinking they were $249, and kept putting it off. So $220 is still better than I expected, and now that my tube is over 6 months old I'm starting to feel pressured to check it. I hate iffy things like that.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I ordered one. I've been thinking they were $249, and kept putting it off. So $220 is still better than I expected, and now that my tube is over 6 months old I'm starting to feel pressured to check it. I hate iffy things like that.
That’s great that you ordered it! For me, having the meter brought so much peace of mind and it should last forever, so it’s well worth the investment. Hopefully your UV tube will still be good so you don’t have to spend more money replacing it right away. That’s another perk of having the meter...not replacing bulbs just because a certain amount of time has passed.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That’s great that you ordered it! For me, having the meter brought so much peace of mind and it should last forever, so it’s well worth the investment. Hopefully your UV tube will still be good so you don’t have to spend more money replacing it right away. That’s another perk of having the meter...not replacing bulbs just because a certain amount of time has passed.
I like to use it to see what is happening during the course of a day and also seasonally outside with the sun. Its surprising how little UV there is in direct sunlight in the morning and afternoon. Also relatively low amounts in the mid day winter sun compared to summer.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's still a lot less than mine cost. Especially if it ships for free.

I got my meter today. Free shipping with Amazon Prime.

I looked at the price again. Right now it's a dollar more than I paid. It goes up and down several times a day. I don't understand why that is, but at least I have one now.