55f and rain- still time for breakfast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Nice picture of Mean Girl who ventured out from her basking lamp in the greenhouse for a snack. 55f, (high will be 60f) and a light rain. Guess she doesn't need a soak!
She is eating a clump of the T lady Med Tortoise seeds, sprouted initially in a flat in the GH and transplanted to the enclosures. Not long for this world. :p

meangirlintherain_zps43e7965b.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So cool. I am so excited about my upcoming Russian adventure. Pics like this get me all worked up and anxious.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Tom, I am also excited to see your final enclosure pics!

Shelly, she is a b**ch to the other female torts, although not to the male, when he is in there (not yet this year).
Most of mine will have the occasional head bobbing war and then move on. She bites, pretend mates, seeks the others out to harass. Some of them end up hiding, even in the large outdoor enclosure!
Thus, she lives by herself.
She ain't afraid of nuthin', so you had better have a dandelion flower to offer when you enter her space :O

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I had a little sulcata female like that. Big male put her in her place and keeps her there.

So much fun figuring out their personalities and making adjustments.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
lynnedit said:
Tom, I am also excited to see your final enclosure pics!

Shelly, she is a b**ch to the other female torts, although not to the male, when he is in there (not yet this year).
Most of mine will have the occasional head bobbing war and then move on. She bites, pretend mates, seeks the others out to harass. Some of them end up hiding, even in the large outdoor enclosure!
Thus, she lives by herself.
She ain't afraid of nuthin', so you had better have a dandelion flower to offer when you enter her space :O

Haha! Sounds like the perfect mate for my Indy. He's got the same anger management issues - will take out his aggression not only on other tortoises, but on birds, squirrels, cats, and the occasional suspicious-looking inanimate object - anything that dares come too close to his pen. One day we'll find him a good female, like Mean Girl, who can put him in his place!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We can have Russian tortoise cage fighting!

First match: Mean Girl vs. Indy. "The Battle of the Sexes".

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
thanks for sharing!

my russian today was out in hot sunny weather :cool:

Tom said:
So cool. I am so excited about my upcoming Russian adventure. Pics like this get me all worked up and anxious.

and posts like THIS get ME all worked up and anxious to see the threads of your russian, his enclosure and underground box!! :p

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Tom said:
We can have Russian tortoise cage fighting!

First match: Mean Girl vs. Indy. "The Battle of the Sexes".

Ha Ha, that would be a sight to see. But the offspring, oh no!

Team Gomberg said:
my russian today was out in hot sunny weather :cool:

JEALOUS!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
lynnedit said:
Nice picture of Mean Girl who ventured out from her basking lamp in the greenhouse for a snack. 55f, (high will be 60f) and a light rain. Guess she doesn't need a soak!
She is eating a clump of the T lady Med Tortoise seeds, sprouted initially in a flat in the GH and transplanted to the enclosures. Not long for this world. :p

meangirlintherain_zps43e7965b.jpg

Wow ... must've felt warm enough from basking to venture out in the cold. Interesting stuff. :)

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Love it!
Guess those greens were getting a little too tall for her liking. Or perhaps they were blocking her view? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.