45 lbs Sulcata not eating

redone202000

New to the forum, but have read it for a few years. I have two sulcata torties. Triton is about 70 lbs and is acting completely normal. Thor my smaller 45 lbs sulcata has not eaten for about a week except for a few bites of watermelon each day and is only roaming about 5 feet away from his spot where he sleeps each night. They are both rescues but I have had them for the past 8 years. Thor is being offered a large plate of greens, but is not eating them. There have been no changes to his food. I live in florida and both tortoises are located in my fenced backyard. This past fall I separated the boys by placing a smaller fence across the backyard as they were being very aggressive towards eachother. There have not been any other changes to his enclosure since then. Any ideas as to why he isnt eating? I've never had this issue before. Thank you for any ideas....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Clarification please, Are hey still separated or together?

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
Maybe you should take him to the vet. Good luck

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Yep, I would take him to a vet. Just to be safe.

redone202000

Thank you for the advice. The closest tortoise vet is over an hour away and he doesnt like to ride, so I was trying to avoid that trip. But you got to do what you got to do sometimes. Thanks anyways. :)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It sounds like he is stopped up . Have you tried warm water soaks? Try feeding pumpkin and cactus . Look at his tail see if his butt had poop stuck to it . Harry was doing the same thing the start of spring . Because he would stuff him self on grass and not drink . So it plugged him up . You should see new poop everyday . If your not something is wrong . He need something with higher water content to get things moving . I Would try soaking and see what happens.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Also, what are your night temps and where do they sleep at night? The appetite of mine always jumps up with warmer nights.