Akash2021

Location (City and/or State)
Solapur
IMG_20210221_131013.jpg
He is spike Less than 1 year Old baby Indian star tortoise, he has wet nose since 4 months now.

His nose was completely blocked by mucus at the start of this sickness, then I decided to increase the enclosure temperature at 95 to 100°f.....
Now his nose is not blocked by mucus but watery....
When I get the temperature down at 75°f to 80°f for a few hours then his nose again starts to block by not mucus I say but water a thick water.

Google says he will have sunken eyes, reduced activities, reduced or no appetite etc.
But in this case there is no problem but wet nose that's it......
No sign of any other problem.

he is beautiful, means he doesn't look like he is sick, eyes are beautiful and he is eating and playing alot....

IMG_20210314_132400.jpg

TaylorTortoise

Abington
beautiful tortoise. Look how cute he is looking at you. He just wants to feel better, poor thing! We have some regulars on here with quite the experience to be able to provide help for this species. One sec while I gather them here
@Tom @ZEROPILOT @wellington

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
View attachment 328194
He is spike Less than 1 year Old baby Indian star tortoise, he has wet nose since 4 months now.

His nose was completely blocked by mucus at the start of this sickness, then I decided to increase the enclosure temperature at 95 to 100°f.....
Now his nose is not blocked by mucus but watery....
When I get the temperature down at 75°f to 80°f for a few hours then his nose again starts to block by not mucus I say but water a thick water.

Google says he will have sunken eyes, reduced activities, reduced or no appetite etc.
But in this case there is no problem but wet nose that's it......
No sign of any other problem.

he is beautiful, means he doesn't look like he is sick, eyes are beautiful and he is eating and playing alot....

View attachment 328202
Stars like it hot. Keep it hot all the time until you see NO symptoms for a good month or two. After that Back it down to no lower than 80-85 at night, and 85-90 during the day, WITH a 100 degree basking area. Its hot in India!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You should also soak in warm water for 30-40 minutes every day to keep him well hydrated with all the electric heat. Humidity should also remain high in the enclosure.

If you rinse him with distilled, RO, or rainwater after soaks, he won't get those unsightly hardware stains.

Akash2021

Solapur
You should also soak in warm water for 30-40 minutes every day to keep him well hydrated with all the electric heat. Humidity should also remain high in the enclosure.

If you rinse him with distilled, RO, or rainwater after soaks, he won't get those unsightly hardware stains.
I wanted to ask that spike haven't pooped since a week now and he is eating alot and gaining weight .......

Is this okay ??? Or is there something wrong...

Things I did after he fall sick....

He is in 100°f enclosure because he is still recovering from wet nose..
I am providing him 80% humidity...
I am soaking him 30 minute in warm water..
Using cocopeat as an substrate...
Giving calcium every weekend..
Seperated him when I saw he was sick...

@Tom EXPECTING AN REPLY

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I wanted to ask that spike haven't pooped since a week now and he is eating alot and gaining weight .......

Is this okay ??? Or is there something wrong...

Things I did after he fall sick....

He is in 100°f enclosure because he is still recovering from wet nose..
I am providing him 80% humidity...
I am soaking him 30 minute in warm water..
Using cocopeat as an substrate...
Giving calcium every weekend..
Seperated him when I saw he was sick...

@Tom EXPECTING AN REPLY
A helpful, unsophisticated suggestion, check his rear to make sure he's not clogged if he hasn't pooped for a while.