300 for radiated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
wellington said:
No, I am not buying any of his torts. Never planned on it. I do think he may be a scammer. He is just not like the typical ones that I have come across, played them a while also and also got the same lines about wiring money, no you can't pick them up, we only ship, yada, yada, yada. This guy has never once mentioned any of the scammers lingo. I deff. don't understand his cheap prices. His explanation kinda made sense, except he could still sell them for a lot more and still be cheap. I would like to be able to prove it 100% either way. But, unless a purchase was actually made, I don't know if you could prove it.

CLMoss said:
Maybe a dumb question but... CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna). Is this guy able to ship some of the tortoises?

From my understanding of these importers. They need a CITES to import to the Us. Each one permit allows 24 or 25? Torts to be imported. There is a limit i believe of how many permits they can get at one time, which is two permits but not sure it that is all they can get in a year, i forget. They have to be 4 inches or over. If one is under the size limit, the whole shipment is confiscated. My understand, there is not one permit per tort. So purchaser does not get a permit with their tort. However, I don't know if that pertains to torts like the Rads. That might be a hold different story. I learned this while talking to Chris of ToucanJungle when I once acquired about his torts, that I found out most are born at a zoo, shipped to a holding place in England or italy I think he said, not sure, held there until they are large enough to be imported to the USA.

CLMoss said:
Maybe a dumb question but... CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna). Is this guy able to ship some of the tortoises?

Yes he can ship. If he really has torts to ship and is not a scammer.

Thank you! Maybe this would be a good question to ask this guy. . . See how much he knows about CITES, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.