Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
My sister, who lives in Corvallis, OR, has asked me to find a good home for Tony. Tony has lived all his life with her, ever since he was an egg. He is now about 3 yrs old and weighs 14 pounds, and is VERY PROUD of his maleness (if you know what I mean!). We won't ship him, so you will either have to live near enough to Corvallis to pick him up, or wait until she brings him to me here in the Central Valley of California. If you live in OR, I will need to see detailed pictures of your outside and inside habitats so that I can be sure he's going to a safe and tortoise-friendly home.

The reason she is finding him a new home is because she is disabled and it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep him safe from her other male sulcata, Bob, who is over 60lbs.

If you are interested, please don't reply here on the forum. My email address is (with no spaces) emysemys @ pacbell. net or you can call me at 559 298-7114

Thanks,

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Watch this spot!!! Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of Tony, the three year old sulcata, and folks, he is beautiful. I know you are not going to believe he is only three, but I can attest to the veracity of it. My female tortoise laid the eggs and Tony is one of three that didn't get crunched with the shovel. My sister says he weighs 14lbs, but I'll weigh him again tomorrow morning when I take his picture. A truck driver friend of Maggie's brought Tony down here to Calif. from Oregon and I got him just about an hour ago. Right now he's in Bob's Motel 6 box in my kitchen with a light on him, but tomorrow he will be outside in the other side of Dudley's house with his own yard full of nice green winter grass. If you have been thinking of adding a sulcata to your household, all you have to do is send me good photos of where, outdoors, you plan to keep a sulcata. There is no fee.

Yvonne

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Can't wait to see the pictures! I already feel like I know Tony from all Maggie has written about him. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, its an ugly, foggy day, but I took a couple pictures anyway. I put Tony in the left side of Dudley's duplex:

Dudleysduplex.jpg

Then I went into the house to get the tortoise food. When I came out (its only 43 degrees and foggy) Tony was no longer in the duplex, but had found his way into the OLD Dudley house that I haven't dismantled yet. No electricity or heat! So I took a couple pictures of him, but I'll take some more when the sun shines, maybe later this afternoon.

Tony Stewart:

TonyStewart.jpg

Tony.jpg

He's a beauty! Just barely bumpy and a perfect domed shape. He had quite a bit of eye trouble from UVB lights when he was younger, but hasn't had a flare-up since Maggie took away the UVB. He's a really nice tortoise and would love to come live with you. You can call me at 559 298-7114 or email me at (no spaces) emys emys @ pac bell .net

Yvonne

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
Hi Yvonne, what a cutie Tony is and I would love to adopt him! Does Tony like snow? :D as in Colorado, 16 degrees this morning and snow on the ground. Not a green thing in sight for, oh, three more months . . . maybe Tony could adopt me and then I could live where it's warm and sunny! Aww, that would feel good today. :p

Anyway, what's growing in your pens in the pictures? Is that a seed mixture that you put down or is it natural?

Good luck with Tony!
Donna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
turtlemom said:
Anyway, what's growing in your pens in the pictures? Is that a seed mixture that you put down or is it natural?
Donna

During the summer it is bermuda grass, but after the frost that goes dormant and the winter grasses and weeds come up. At one time, a couple years ago, I planted a grazing tortoise mixture that I bought from turtlestuff.com. And it comes up every winter. But what you are seeing is mostly winter grass (rye) and weeds.

Yvonne

BigBiscuit

5 Year Member
Iowa, U.S.
I just want to say that Dudley's duplex is incredible!

At first, I thought I was looking at an actual apartment building.

Evan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
BigBiscuit said:
I just want to say that Dudley's duplex is incredible!

At first, I thought I was looking at an actual apartment building.

Evan

Thanks! It wasn't very hard to build. I'm not a carpenter, I'm 70 years old and a woman to boot! And I built it (and designed it) all by myself. Next time I'm going to have to figure out how to gently slope the floor towards the door, though. When Dudley lets loose with his saved up urine he really floods the place. I have to sweep it towards the doorway.

Yvonne

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
All I ca say is this: It's a good thing we were going the wrong way and going from your place to OR/WA, instead of the other way around. If we had been the delivery truck by the time we reached CA, I am sure we would have lost the directions to your place. You would have had to put out an Amber alert on us for kidnapping him. Tony is a looker! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.