3 weeks without heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
Hi, I am going to Europe for 3 weeks soon. Can my Aldabra survive (at home) without hot spot or heat for 3 weeks? The current temperature in my city is 79-86, humidity 70-90%.

Many thanks. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You should put the heat source (not a MVB) on a thermostat. That way if it gets cold, the heat will come on. Our weather here in Illinois, USA went from 90 to 50's at night and 90's to only cool 70's during the day overnight. However, if that doesn't happen, they would probably be fine. Also you could have whoever is taking care of them keep an eye on the temps. Have fun on your vacation/holiday

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
I heard Aldabra need hot spot 100F and cool spot 75F. Can it survive for 3 weeks in 79-86 degree range?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How old are they. Depending on age probably. Hang around and see what ALDABRAMAN has to say. He has all sizes so will know the best.

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
wellington said:
You should put the heat source (not a MVB) on a thermostat. That way if it gets cold, the heat will come on. Our weather here in Illinois, USA went from 90 to 50's at night and 90's to only cool 70's during the day overnight. However, if that doesn't happen, they would probably be fine. Also you could have whoever is taking care of them keep an eye on the temps. Have fun on your vacation/holiday

Oh Thanks!

The temperature in Hong Kong is very stable here, 79-86 degree now. so it doesn't need any heat source, right? thanks.

wellington said:
How old are they. Depending on age probably. Hang around and see what ALDABRAMAN has to say. He has all sizes so will know the best.

1 year old, 22cm, 3KG.

Oh OK, thanks. ^_^

Laura said:
do you have a pet sitter?

No, only my filipino maid.

wellington said:

I mean bottom shell 22cm. this is how we measure tortoise here, bottom shell only. ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So is the maid going to be feeding, watering, and generally caring for them?

Rustyiron

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
Laura said:

One of my concerns would be if one gets flipped and can not get rolled back over!

You are so right, my Aldabra never, not even once, could roll back (after I flipped him), why? But I have never seen my Aldabra flipped over, he's smart, tries to avoid flipped over. ;)

Jacqui said:
So is the maid going to be feeding, watering, and generally caring for them?

yes ;)

EKLC

5 Year Member
timed outlets are very cheap if you want. Mine automatically go on 9 am to 9 pm, and it cost like $5

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Rustyiron said:
wellington said:

Oh Thanks!

The temperature in Hong Kong is very stable here, 79-86 degree now. so it doesn't need any heat source, right? thanks.

wellington said:

1 year old, 22cm, 3KG.

Oh OK, thanks. ^_^

Laura said:

No, only my filipino maid.

wellington said:

I mean bottom shell 22cm. this is how we measure tortoise here, bottom shell only. ;)

I need a Filipino maid to help me with my torts:D

Status
Not open for further replies.