3-toed incubation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I know I have probably asked this before, I searched old threads with no luck. Anyway, what are the incubation times and temps for 3 toeds? I have one of my females digging a nest right now so I want to get the incubator ready. Also, can I use a peat or eco earth moistened to put the eggs in?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Time all depends on temperature Dee :) The temperature range would be 78F to 88F and the corresponding times would be 90 to 50 days.
Either one should work just fine as an incubation medium. Just make sure it's not to wet and only push the eggs in half way.

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Knew I could count on you Danny, thanks!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Hi Dee :) I incubated my eggs at about 82avg - I just put them on the shelf in the snake room with our other eggs, and we heat the entire room instead of individual cages. (much more cost effective with 500 snakes haha) Are you planning to use a hovabator or something similar?

I do sell the APS that I incubate my eggs in, I also incubate my Crested Gecko eggs in it. Its a porous calcined clay that is re-usable, you just boil it to sterilize it. You can tell my the color of the clay whether or not you need to add water as it gets lighter when it dries out. Its really easy to set up too, soak the clay in water for a half hour or so, wring it out (use cheesecloth) and voila. :) The tiny crevices soak up and retain moisture.

Let me know if you would like to try it out Dee :)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Anja, I have never heard of something like that before. I put them in my hovabator that I have used in the past for beardeds. Hopefully I will be as successful. I am nervous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.