3 little platynota

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N.W. Arkansas
These guys keep on growing. Currently they are at 138g,162g, & 196g (just 4g away from 200!) I haven’t posted any photos in a while. But, I did just post up that YouTube video in the other thread so that should count. But, I might still want a 200g picture...

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
That's a lovely setup! Nicely done

Thanks. It has worked out well. I will eventually need to move them to a larger enclosure. But, that should allow for perhaps another small group to rotate into this enclosure.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
How old is your Burmese Star that hit 200g? Mine just went over 100g and roughly 10 months old.

I received all three of my Tortoises at the beginning of May. They are from different clutches and I don’t know the hatch dates. But, they are all probably pretty close in age to your tortoise.

Ranman

5 Year Member
Louisiana
My third tortoise has hit 200g. Probably won't be too long till I have one hit 300g.
View attachment 262273
I wonder why out of your 3 that are being raised exactly the same way in an enclosed chamber with the right temps and humidity, same diet. This one appears to have a little pyramiding compared to your other 2. I am concerned i am possibly having the same exact thing happen. Can anyone give any insight on why if all are being raised the exact same way some may come out with more pyramiding than others.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
I wonder why out of your 3 that are being raised exactly the same way in an enclosed chamber with the right temps and humidity, same diet. This one appears to have a little pyramiding compared to your other 2. I am concerned i am possibly having the same exact thing happen. Can anyone give any insight on why if all are being raised the exact same way some may come out with more pyramiding than others.

You would likely get a better answer for this if you started your own thread. But, I am not horribly concerned. The only one that has any bumpiness is my smallest and my largest has the most perfect shell. I would guess that there are some individual differences in the tortoises. Perhaps some genetic and perhaps some selection of food etc. I could maybe adjust things a bit and see if it changes anything. But, overall all my tortoises are growing well and have been solid animals.

Ranman

5 Year Member
Louisiana
You would likely get a better answer for this if you started your own thread. But, I am not horribly concerned. The only one that has any bumpiness is my smallest and my largest has the most perfect shell. I would guess that there are some individual differences in the tortoises. Perhaps some genetic and perhaps some selection of food etc. I could maybe adjust things a bit and see if it changes anything. But, overall all my tortoises are growing well and have been solid animals.
You're doing a fantastic job. Mine are about the same age and are just at the 200 gram range.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
7B4A72E2-DAB2-4BEF-849E-5EA0F90D674C.jpeg It is far too early to sex these tortoises. But, I know I am always guessing and I figured it might be fun to watch them develop over time. Anyway, I have numbered the tortoises in this first pic. and will add pictures of the individual tortoises in the following posts. Feel free to speculate even though it is too early to really tell.