Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_5066.JPG

These are the second clutch of eggs laid by my girls. The egg tally for this clutch stands at:
1 hatched
1 pipping
1 rotten
1 showed some development but stopped.
and the remaining 3 look like they will hatch in the next few days.

These eggs are out of the gorgeous female that John at @coastal sold me:
IMG_4250.JPG
She is my largest female and has those wide yellow bands. This was her first clutch EVER!!!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Very nice female. Send me some of her offspring my way. I’ll gladly make the trip to pick them up.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very nice female. Send me some of her offspring my way. I’ll gladly make the trip to pick them up.
I'd be thrilled to have some of them in your hands! I'll get to keep track of them long term that way and see how they develop.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Right now I have the males on one side and the females on the other side. Each pen is 7 feet wide by 28 feet long. They all share a 4x8 heated night box with a divider in the middle and an entrance door for each side. Every once in a while I put all the males over on the female side for breeding, but only for an afternoon/evening.

I'm getting ready to build a duplicate night box and spread them all out to four of these enclosures instead of the two current ones. I had planned on putting one or two males and three females together and spreading them out a bit amongst the four enclosures. I also contemplated leaving a female alone and having a group of three females, and just adding males periodically for breeding. So many options and possibilities… But with this level of success in their very first year breeding, now I'm debating whether or not I should change anything at all!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! ! How pretty. Both the mother and the baby.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 234428

These are the second clutch of eggs laid by my girls. The egg tally for this clutch stands at:
1 hatched
1 pipping
1 rotten
1 showed some development but stopped.
and the remaining 3 look like they will hatch in the next few days.

These eggs are out of the gorgeous female that John at @coastal sold me:
View attachment 234429
She is my largest female and has those wide yellow bands. This was her first clutch EVER!!!
Congrats, how exciting.

Ranman

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Gus I need to get some of these offspring as well. Congratulations Tom on your second Hatchlings.

Cwilder

5 Year Member
That's a beautiful female. I remember years ago a website dedicated to Burmese stars and seeing a few pics with similar wide patterns. It will be interesting to see if this is hereditary or random. I know Bill Z was trying to breed high yellow Radiate but not sure he has produced hatchlings from his holdbacks,

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So how is the hatching coming? Just wondering and would like it if you could keep me posted. Thanks again. [email protected]
7 hatched from the first clutch. So far 3 have hatched from the second clutch and 2 more are pipped and in the process of hatching right now. Clutches number 3 and 4 are due to start hatching on the 4th, and another one on the 14th. That's as far ahead as I've looked. I still have two batches that are cooling and haven't even started incubating yet!!!

Here is baby #11 on the way:
IMG_5114.JPG

And unrelated to the stars, when I just went to get this pic of #11 pipping, I happened to see this in another box:
IMG_5115.JPG

Keith P.1961

I love it. Thanks for the update and would really appreciate it if you could continue to keep me posted. Is that a P.P. Hatching? I was wondering what state your in. I live in Vero Beach,F.L. Also my phone # is 321-339-7783' I wanted you to have that and my email so it's easy to contact me when your comfortable letting go of a few babies. Thanks again. Keith P.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love it. Thanks for the update and would really appreciate it if you could continue to keep me posted. Is that a P.P. Hatching? I was wondering what state your in. I live in Vero Beach,F.L. Also my phone # is 321-339-7783' I wanted you to have that and my email so it's easy to contact me when your comfortable letting go of a few babies. Thanks again. Keith P.
Yes on the P.P., and I will definitely keep in touch.

N

no one

Beautiful... Congrats!! And that is a georgeous female indeed, with all the yellow.