28 Sick Tortoises please help, Bumps under Neck

shawnateerow

Location (City and/or State)
Maurice
This is my Bonnie <3. Yes, her bottom beak fell off one day. She has austwickia since I got her, as well as my Clyde who came with her. Look back at my others posts for a little background. They are now about 13ish months old and doing really well.bonnie had it the worst. Her bottom beak fell off, they both had a toenail fall out, Bonnie has had a problem with 1 eye since day one but is fully functional with her 1 good eye. She has issues swallowing and a misaligned jaw, so I have dropper fed her since early on. And I still do. She had a bad RI at at 2-3 months and was treated with bayrtil injections and fluids for 10 days. She was tiny when I got her, and around 34 grams consistently. During her RI, she would not eat and dropped to 27 grams. She got through it, but still fluctuated around 34-38 grams for about 5 months. In February, over a 2 week span, she passed 3 large stones. About a month later she started to FINALLY, slowly, gain. She is now 103 grams and one super happy, super sweet baby. Clyde is now 1.5 lbs and super active. I have not seen any bumps on either of them in almost 10 months. .and praying that it stays that way. Multiple times, I thought..this is it, she won't make it. Multiple times, I was advised to euthanize Bonnie. Even at her weakest, she kept fighting, so I did too..and thanking God that I did. I take this day by day, and everyday I love them, and appreciate that they are still with me❤

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
This is my Bonnie <3. Yes, her bottom beak fell off one day. She has austwickia since I got her, as well as my Clyde who came with her. Look back at my others posts for a little background. They are now about 13ish months old and doing really well.bonnie had it the worst. Her bottom beak fell off, they both had a toenail fall out, Bonnie has had a problem with 1 eye since day one but is fully functional with her 1 good eye. She has issues swallowing and a misaligned jaw, so I have dropper fed her since early on. And I still do. She had a bad RI at at 2-3 months and was treated with bayrtil injections and fluids for 10 days. She was tiny when I got her, and around 34 grams consistently. During her RI, she would not eat and dropped to 27 grams. She got through it, but still fluctuated around 34-38 grams for about 5 months. In February, over a 2 week span, she passed 3 large stones. About a month later she started to FINALLY, slowly, gain. She is now 103 grams and one super happy, super sweet baby. Clyde is now 1.5 lbs and super active. I have not seen any bumps on either of them in almost 10 months. .and praying that it stays that way. Multiple times, I thought..this is it, she won't make it. Multiple times, I was advised to euthanize Bonnie. Even at her weakest, she kept fighting, so I did too..and thanking God that I did. I take this day by day, and everyday I love them, and appreciate that they are still with me❤

May we see new pictures of these beautiful tortoises?
They sound amazing!
I am sooooo glad that you kept fighting.
Bless their little souls.
Keep fighting guys!!!
All my best and prayers to you myfriend.
??❤️❤️??

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I think you are absolutely amazing, and I was so happy to read about Bonnie and Clyde's progress - This is the first time I have read anything hopeful about this awful disease- there are so many really sad stories about it.
I hope so much that your babies will continue to stay well and thrive with your loving care.
Very best wishes to you and them from Angie
Please do send some photos x

shawnateerow

Maurice
May we see new pictures of these beautiful tortoises?
They sound amazing!
I am sooooo glad that you kept fighting.
Bless their little souls.
Keep fighting guys!!!
All my best and prayers to you myfriend.
??❤️❤️??

Bonnie before

Attachments

• 20200922_231011.jpg
    20200922_231011.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20210107_001553.jpg
    20210107_001553.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • 20201026_124654.jpg
    20201026_124654.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20201009_141759.jpg
    20201009_141759.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210207_021439.jpg
    20210207_021439.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 37

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Clyde now
Thank you very much for the photos -the one of Bonnie on your hand had me in tears - she looks so bright and alert, despite all she has been through - wonderful ! I really hope they will go on getting stronger, and have a very happy life in the future.Please do keep us informed about their progress.
very best wishes from Angie

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Bonnie now
I think you are absolutely amazing, and I was so happy to read about Bonnie and Clyde's progress - This is the first time I have read anything hopeful about this awful disease- there are so many really sad stories about it.
I hope so much that your babies will continue to stay well and thrive with your loving care.
Very best wishes to you and them from Angie
Please do send some photos x

You are RIGHT!!!!
She is Bonnie.. (which in the UK mean cuteness)