211 days and.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Arkansas
Poof, another hatchling. And I thought the other 2 were small, ha, this one is dinky!
These pictures wre taken without a flash so please do not mind the "darkness" to them.

hatchling003.jpg

hatchling004.jpg

She does have alot of yolk sac to absorb though.

hatchling005.jpg

211, days, sheesh. I wonder if I will ever hatch before the 6 month mark. :p

ARKelly

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
whoa! That is some yolk sac! Looks like that little guy will be living on paper towels for awhile. Congratulations!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
WOW, I was gonna say the same thing, That is a big yoak sac, but s/he is a real cutie!!!

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Yup, that is a very large yolk sac. When it finally disappears, will it be okay to put him in with my other hatchlings, or do I need to put him in his own enclosure?

Thanks guys,

ARKelly

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Unless they are all the same size or close to it . I wouldnt. She might not get her fare share of food. Make sure its 100% healed before moving her around at all. You dont want to damage the yolk sac.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Wow, ARKelly She's\he's a sweetie, but 211 days? I know little about RF what is the normal gestational time?

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Crazy1 said:
Wow, ARKelly She's\he's a sweetie, but 211 days? I know little about RF what is the normal gestational time?

Apparently, I would have no idea. LOL My first 2 took 180 and 181 days. I beleive, if there is a "normal" incubation period, it is around 120 days, but someone else might know better.

I have heard of as little as 106 days and before now, as long as 208 days, but never expected 211 days. I guess patience really is a virtue. Or how ever that is spelled. :rolleyes:

And thanks Red. I will provide her with her own enclosure when she is ready to be moved.

ARKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.