2015 Tortoise Forum Calendar Contest Entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
If you sent your photo in to [email protected] and you don't see it above please contact me so we can get your entry taken care of before the deadline which is TOMORROW Oct. 5!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
is there any reason our small shots couldn't be voted on and the original sent to you after the dead line? I missed out simple because I was out of town and couldn't submit the original sized pic with only a couple of days notice. Why did it take so long to let us know you needed a larger pic? WalkingRocks pic was one of the 1st submitted but I found out about the size issue on Thursday.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sorry. The rules stated that Josh would post the accepted entries on Oct 1, Wednesday. Then you had until midnight Sunday, Oct 5 to resubmit any photo of the correct size. Those rules were there from the very fist. While I might like to make a exception for this person or that, we have to stick to the rules and enforce them as is to be fair to all members.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
As to voting using the smaller pictures... we did that a year or two and what happened was then the winning pictures never could produce the correct size photo in the end. It made things more convoluted, complicated, and hurt more feelings not to mention the amount of time it took to get the calendar made. Which is why we then had to make these rules.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...and because of that, quite a few people didn't get their calendars until after the first of the year. By abiding by the rules we hope to get it printed and mailed before Christmas this time.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
When is voting? I thought I read 6th-19th.
It is supposed to be the 6-19, but there's a delay. I'm sure there's a reason for it and they'll be up as soon and Josh can get them up. We will have plenty of time to look and vote!

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
It is supposed to be the 6-19, but there's a delay. I'm sure there's a reason for it and they'll be up as soon and Josh can get them up. We will have plenty of time to look and vote!
Oh, I'm sure we will have plenty of time and he will get them up. That was never in question in my mind.
I just wasn't sure if the date was a typo or not.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
...and because of that, quite a few people didn't get their calendars until after the first of the year. By abiding by the rules we hope to get it printed and mailed before Christmas this time.
I'm looking forward to ordering one.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh, I'm sure we will have plenty of time and he will get them up. That was never in question in my mind.
I just wasn't sure if the date was a typo or not.

The date was not a typo, it was the planned date. Unfortunately things happen in real life, that can cause a ripple to occur on plans in this world. Thus is the case here. When the schedule was made, it was made to try to allow for the unforeseen to happen and still be able to get the calendars out in time. Please bare with us. Once Josh has the thread put together and up, we will be making announcements and extending the deadline to vote, so you will still have just as many voting days.

Once more thank you for your patience.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
So I got the herpetology grad lab interested in getting some of the calanders, might be able to get the other herp classes and maybe a vert one interested in buying some calanders. Is purchase of the calanders only for members?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So I got the herpetology grad lab interested in getting some of the calanders, might be able to get the other herp classes and maybe a vert one interested in buying some calanders. Is purchase of the calanders only for members?

No, anybody can purchase them.

M

Maggie Cummings

Great pictures! But why is that sulcata in the snow?

Why not? Bob goes in the snow every year, I know other big ones do too... I forget who that Sulcata is, but he won another contest I think...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Great pictures! But why is that sulcata in the snow?

It's a whole lot easier to allow a big tortoise freedom to come and go than it is to block the door and try to keep him in the warm shed. He'll go outside, see how cold it is and how uncomfortable the snow is, then he'll go back inside on his own. When it's his own idea he's more settled to stay inside the shed.

Michael Twohy

5 Year Member
Roseville, Minnesota
It's a whole lot easier to allow a big tortoise freedom to come and go than it is to block the door and try to keep him in the warm shed. He'll go outside, see how cold it is and how uncomfortable the snow is, then he'll go back inside on his own. When it's his own idea he's more settled to stay inside the shed.
oh! ok

M

Maggie Cummings

I made a thread, I think it's called Bob 's Temper Tantrum. It shows exactly what Yvonne is talking about. I open Bob's doggie door rain, sun, or snow. He has the control of how he wants to spend his day. BUT...if I don't open the door, if I make him stay in, he rams the doors and walls, he spreads his hay all over, he poops all over and smears it on the walls, then he spills his water dish, and poops in it. True story, I posted pictures....
If HE decides to stay in, he sleeps and basks and causes no trouble at all...the jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.