2 Zoo Med Tortoise House Enclousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShervyBaby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland/DC
Hello Tortoise lovers. If I bought two of the Zoo Med Tortoise Houses and attached them would that be big enough for my Greek Tortoise? It will mostly be indoors except for a couple hours a day in the summer time. I THINK two of them attached would be big enough but I want to make sure before I go out tmrw morning and make the purchase.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
I have a male russian who is about five inches and he lives in two zoo med tortoise houses connected. I think its big enough, and its a lot easier than building one, which I have also done. I made a 6 foot by 2 and a half foot enclosure for my female russian, and it was roughly the same cost as two of these zoo med ones, which would be 6 foot by two feet. I also like the lids on these cages. I would recomend buying some plastic painters tarps from home depot and tape a piece in the bottom as a liner to protect the wood from rotting.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
How big is your Greek tortoise. Not knowing your carpenter skills, but you could probably build the same exact size of two for less. I built and 4x8 for my inside winter enclosure for my Yellowfoot for around $75. Just saying, but to answer your question..yes, the two would be more than big enough for your Greek Tortoise.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
It can work, just make sure they get exercise outside in the sun!

ShervyBaby

5 Year Member
Maryland/DC
Blastoise said:
I have a male russian who is about five inches and he lives in two zoo med tortoise houses connected. I think its big enough, and its a lot easier than building one, which I have also done. I made a 6 foot by 2 and a half foot enclosure for my female russian, and it was roughly the same cost as two of these zoo med ones, which would be 6 foot by two feet. I also like the lids on these cages. I would recomend buying some plastic painters tarps from home depot and tape a piece in the bottom as a liner to protect the wood from rotting.

ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.