2 Russians in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

seetsjakers

5 Year Member
We have 2 Russian Tort's that we would love to give to a loving home.
I would prefer not to give them to kids, my son got these tort's about 4yrs ago, and there is NO WAY he could ever take care of them himself. I have been taking very good care of them, but with 4 kids(and 2 have special needs) it's just becoming too much.
Spike is a small male, we've had him approx 5yrs.
Waffles is a larger female and we took her in from a friend(who was overwhlemed, about 4yrs ago). They have mated several times. Waffles has laid eggs twice, but neither have hatched(ended up getting stepped on by the tort's).

If interested, I can send pics. We have them in 2 bins that we cut and connected. Even though Spike bites Waffles alot, when I separated them, Waffles was not happy.
I would be willing to give everything we have, if they will go to a good home together.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi seetsjakers:

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!!

It might help for people to know where you are and if you would ship.

seetsjakers

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi seetsjakers:

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!!

It might help for people to know where you are and if you would ship.

I'm in Denver.

I am unsure about the shipping part, but would be willing to look into it. Is it safe for them??

seetsjakers

5 Year Member
LagariAsher said:
Hi seetsjakers,
I live in the Springs and would love to take over the care of you tortoises.

That would be great. Can I find out a little more though? I really want them to go to a good home, do you have others, are they indoor/outdoor? Do you plan on keeping them together?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Oh, darn it! My dad is on his way to Denver as I type and refuses to consider picking them up for me on his way back. They are so beautiful, and would be just the perfect additions to my group, too...

I'll be working to change his mind on that, as I would absolutely LOVE to have them and already have everything ready for them... If he does, I'll officially put my name in for your babies! Until then, though, best of luck finding the right home!!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Great looking torts. I'm in Denver as well, but we already have two of our own, and unfortunately don't have room for any more at this point. Best of luck to you!

LagariAsher

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs
Hi i would be able to keep them indoor right now as it it typically to cold for them outside right now. But during the summer I would keep then primarily outdoors so they can graze about. I do have two box turtles that I have kept for about a year now and they are both very happy. And I would absolutely like to keep them together. I could possibly even be their today if I sound agreeable to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.