2 New Tortoise here !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piku2008

5 Year Member
Hello,

My name is piku & recently i got 2 beautifull Australian Tortoise about 2 months old ..... & i don't know squat about them so just google something ..... and got here .... I mean this forum is awesome !!!!

Would like lil help as how to get started building a gud interior home & everything else ......

Hope to get some help ................

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Hi Piku. This site is the best to find out what you need to do to make your torts healthy and happy. Some of the moderators and seniors have attachments that give great advise on enclosures, soakings, humidity, food, etc. I welcome you. Sibi

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Just to clarify, are you in Australia? Australia doesn't have any actual tortoises, but they do have some turtles. it is also extremly illegal to export ANY fauna out of Australia, so if you have Australian turtles, I hope you are in OZ!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Welcome to the forum! And Im with Jeff on this one there isnt any native tortoises that come from Australia, that we know of. If you can post pics of your two tortoises then we can identify them here for you.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Welcome to the form! My cousins are from Australia and they are awesome! Therefore your torts are awesome!

piku2008

5 Year Member
Yup I was wrong but as it way my first post so i can't edit it due to the rules ......

I have 2 Australian tutles & yes I live in India !!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Piku!! I'd love to see pictures of your new turtles.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Hey, folks. Bear in mind that people in Australia refer to aquatic side-necked turtles as "tortoises" (family Chelidae), whereas people in the US and UK refer to fully terrestrial, herbivorous turtles as "tortoises" (family Testudinidae), and that's primarily what this forum is about. Nevertheless, we do have subforums dedicated to other types of chelonians, including box turtles, pond turtles, and side-necked turtles. So welcome, Piku2008! I'm sure you will enjoy it here, and learn a lot, too. :)

piku2008

5 Year Member
Just wanna tell that as i didn't got time to post my 2 turtle photo ......

But one problem is at present i have kept both the turtle a tray in slanting mode so that one side can be dry & other side has the water on temp basis ......

But my questions is that they are always trying to get out of it !!!!

So what's the reason why they want to get out of the tray ????? can anyone explain me ...............

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
piku2008 said:
Just wanna tell that as i didn't got time to post my 2 turtle photo ......

But one problem is at present i have kept both the turtle a tray in slanting mode so that one side can be dry & other side has the water on temp basis ......

But my questions is that they are always trying to get out of it !!!!

So what's the reason why they want to get out of the tray ????? can anyone explain me ...............

If they aren't water turtles, they don't like to stay in it. They may drink from the water but if you want to soak them, the water has to be warm-hot.

If you find the time to post pics, then we can help you identify them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure what you really have. Please take the time and post pics so we can help you. As for the tilted trays, we would like to see that also and they may not like being on a slant all the time. That's if I am understanding correctly. Please post pics?
BTW, Hello and Welcome:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They are trying to get out of the container you have them in because they want to go back to their territory. Its new them them and they don't feel safe yet. It is going to take them quite a while to settle down in their new home. It is to the turtle's benefit if you hurry up and make their permanent enclosure or pond because once you move them again, they are going to have to start all over again getting used to a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.