2 Male Sulcata Tortoises need a forever home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello Everyone,

My dear friend who lives in North Carolina has declined in health and needs to re-home her two Male tortoises. She has an adult male about 75 pounds with a fabulous disposition. He is housed with another male about 5 years old, over 12 inches long, and 23 pounds. They both do very well together and enjoy each other's company. They are not aggressive and she would prefer that they go together, as they do everything together. Due to her health problems, she cannot ship them and since I am not remotely close to her, I cannot help her other than trying to find a home for them locally. Her and I are hoping there is someone on the forum that would be interested in taking both of them, but must be a local pickup. She cannot lift either one of them, so you would need to go to her. They have been extremely well-cared for, very healthy. If you would be be to pick them up from North Carolina, please let me know. Thanks so much!:)

waterweezel

5 Year Member
Dickinson, Texas
Where in North Carolina. My good friends are moving to Austin from DC and leave this Saturday. They are stopping in Georgia. They might be able to get them and bring them to Texas for me...k

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
That would be wonderful! I will have my friend from North Carolina call you tomorrow or I will touch base with you so we can try to make arrangements. She would be delighted to find a fabulous home!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I am so happy to say that my friend's two male Sulcatas have found a home with Kelly and her husband. (waterweezel). They are so wonderful and their dedication to providing a nice, loving environment is truly out of this world. They have been in contact with my friend and I through this entire adventure, making their land safe and setup well just for those two male Sulcatas, and the great lengths they have gone through to travel to pick them up. As I mentioned, my friend was devastated with her recent health condition and the fact that she had to re-home her babies (well they are adults but her babies) and couldn't ship them. So away Kelly and her husband travel from Texas to North Carolina, even building a wooden box to keep them in for the drive home. My friend is so thankful that she can have the peace of mind that they have gone to such wonderful people. Thank you so much waterweezel for taking these two into your home and going on this amazing journey to get them and provide a forever home for them. God Bless you two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.