2 Days Home !

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
I am a big proponent of natural sunlight over uv bulbs of any type ! I am also lucky enough to live where it shines most every day , and is warm enough for my critters to get outside ! So , here is Slick catching some rays !

100_1.jpg

100_2.jpg

100_3.jpg

100_4.jpg

BILBO-03

He already looks big;) you should make him a outside screen cage or something then he could stay out longer just a thought:)

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
He already looks big;) you should make him a outside screen cage or something then he could stay out longer just a thought:)
The weather is kind of shaky this time of year , it is going down to low 40,s at night here much to cold for him to be outside . Come summer we will see , he will be out and about with me for sure ! ;)

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
So , today I was putting Speedy's food down and saw a cricket . Slick has never had live food , so I thought it would be interesting to see what he would do ! Well , put it this way , Slick had a LOT less trouble catching that cricket than I did ! :D I tossed it in his tank he made one quick hop and that cricket was history !
t19129.gif
Hope he doesn't decide that's all he will eat !
t1917.gif
After he chomped it down he went over and basked on his tile !

100_9.jpg

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I had Slick out for a little sun this afternoon , then let him play in the house a bit ! His table top "hide out" !

s 1.jpg

s 2.jpg

He is getting bigger !

s 3.jpg

s 6.jpg

s 5.jpg

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Funny ! Sounds like your really enjoying him :) he looks awesome too.
Thanks , I really am , I had an iguana years back. He was friendly once you got him out , but the bigger he got it just became such a "wrestling match" it just wasn't fun any more ! :( This guy goes to anyone and is so friendly ! I told my wife yesterday , "I would let him live on top of our cocktail table if I wasn't afraid he would fall off !" :cool:

BILBO-03

Thanks , I really am , I had an iguana years back. He was friendly once you got him out , but the bigger he got it just became such a "wrestling match" it just wasn't fun any more ! :( This guy goes to anyone and is so friendly ! I told my wife yesterday , "I would let him live on top of our cocktail table if I wasn't afraid he would fall off !" :cool:
i think iguanas are awesome lizards but I could see it being hard to handle a big one! Does slick enjoy human interaction ?

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
i think iguanas are awesome lizards but I could see it being hard to handle a big one! Does slick enjoy human interaction ?
Once Chubby , my green iguana got about 4 Ft. long he sort of worked on his own time table . He was basically happy eating and laying in the sun on his branch all day and didn't really want to be messed with ! Because they like to climb , and swim , they need an enormous amount of room . We had a guest room that was "Chubby's room" !
Slick is getting used to us and does seem to enjoy being with , and interacting with us ! He was having a good time running around on my shoulders while I was playing on the Computer the other day ! I wouldn't trade him for a dozen iguanas ! ;)

100_66.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What a great thread! I love the updates and he is looking fantastic.

Best pet lizard species ever! :)

BILBO-03

Once Chubby , my green iguana got about 4 Ft. long he sort of worked on his own time table . He was basically happy eating and laying in the sun on his branch all day and didn't really want to be messed with ! Because they like to climb , and swim , they need an enormous amount of room . We had a guest room that was "Chubby's room" !
Slick is getting used to us and does seem to enjoy being with , and interacting with us ! He was having a good time running around on my shoulders while I was playing on the Computer the other day ! I wouldn't trade him for a dozen iguanas ! ;)

View attachment 193435
Yes I've heard they need a whole room that would be tough for me;)
I think its really sad because our county fair this year had iguanas as "prizes":( it is just wrong because all of those animals end up being released, thrown away and so on. But I enjoy medium sized lizards a lot:)

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I had Slick in today , his scales were looking dull in spots . So I decided to check him out and make sure I wasn't going to be dealing with fleas ! Turns out he was starting to shed , so I figured why not re cycle Speedy's old "Hot Tub" ! I put some warm water in there and Slick really liked it !

Shed 6.jpg

Shed 2.jpg

Shed 1.jpg

BILBO-03