2.5 year old Suclata Tortoise accidentally ate red ear slider turtle food

iheartmunkies

Location (City and/or State)
California
I wasn’t there when it happened. My mom told me she accidentally dropped turtle food on the floor to feed the turtles and my tortoise ate around 10 pieces. Personally i’m really annoyed cause she could’ve just easily stopped him by picking him up. Whats done is done and now I’m worried about the effects of this. Definitely a one time event. Is there anything I should look out for? I know this stuff is high protein and now I’m worried about his health :/

L

LasTortugasNinja

More than likely no issue at all. I’ve seen turtles and tortoises scavenge carrion, so turtle food pellets won’t be an issue as a onetime event.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
A major red flag...what was that yearling doing on the floor??? I can't even tell you what a no no that is. So dangerous...and just saying turtles and tortoises should never mix...your yearling tortoise should be alone in a tort table...and to answer your question...Sulcata eat their own poop...some turtle food isn't going to hurt him...

iheartmunkies

California
A major red flag...what was that yearling doing on the floor??? I can't even tell you what a no no that is. So dangerous...and just saying turtles and tortoises should never mix...your yearling tortoise should be alone in a tort table...and to answer your question...Sulcata eat their own poop...some turtle food isn't going to hurt him...
Its a proper large outdoor encosure for my tortoise. The turtle pond not even in proximity of my tortoise. The food CONTAINER however was which is where it spilled. Didnt mean to imply i kept them together lol.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Its a proper large outdoor encosure for my tortoise. The turtle pond not even in proximity of my tortoise. The food CONTAINER however was which is where it spilled. Didnt mean to imply i kept them together lol.
Sorry...I really misunderstood...Just concerned about the tortoise...din't mean any disrespect...:)