1st clutch of radiated eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenS

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Rads 4.JPGKeep doing what your doing and it WILL happen for you!! Once you hatch the first, you will REALLY be hooked!! And your going to want to keep them ALL!! LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mking

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Congrats. It would be fantastic if you could get them to hatch. What state are you in?

I am in Texas

AnnV said:
Wow, congrats!
How long is their incubation?

Ann from CT

A local breeder says 90 days at 88.6 but who knows until I have one hatch myself with my incubator and temps.

KenS said:
Keep doing what your doing and it WILL happen for you!! Once you hatch the first, you will REALLY be hooked!! And your going to want to keep them ALL!! LOL!!

Yay, I know. I have hatched red foot tortoises for years and they are still so cute every time a new one comes out that I am tempted to keep it. Luckily I have plenty of friends that want them so I see one of my hatchlings growing up from time to time at someone else's house which is nice since I am out of space for tortoises in the winter.

However, It is always a struggle for me to figure out incubation for each new breed. Last year I had over 200 leopard eggs and not one hatched which was very disappointing. Not sure if I will keep at it with the leopards. Here is a picture of Fergus and Princess(1025) my Radiated adults.

billskleins

5 Year Member
Good luck with those eggs fellow Texan.
That is sad about the leopard eggs. Are you sure they were fertile ?

Status
Not open for further replies.