1st annual (I think/hope) Tortoise Forum Virtual Conference/Party/Meeting

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Malverne, NY
Everyone,

So as I've been on more Zoom meeting and Webinars in the these last 3 months then my entire adult life and it got me thinking about "What if we had a conference or whatever we want to call it?". I know there are plenty of people on here who can share plenty of tortoise information as well a plethora of non-chelonian information. That said, I am not one of those people and I understand that it would put a lot of extra burden and stress on people who have a lot going on already. I am a person who would be more than happy to organize it and help out in anyway possible. Not to single any one out but I know there are botanists and animal trainers in California and authors in New Hampshire that I personally would love to hear from. I was thinking late summer/early fall would be a good time but I'm open to suggestions. I thinking a hour or two per night for however many nights we need. Feel free to post your thoughts and/or signup here.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I think it’s very interesting idea. I am doing a virtual meeting right now with the Endocrine Society when we were supposed to be meeting in San Francisco and it’s going quite well. I still would rather have been in San Francisco pre-Covid but it is what it is.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Someone here has a webinar that hermanni chris regularly takes part in. The name escapes me at the moment.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It is because California banned certain lights so you can’t get them but load up your car drive down there and hide in the alleys!
I was able to buy 2 from some guy in a black hoodie.
You're in Pottstown! I lived in Philadelphia in the 90's for a job. I lived on Rittenhouse Square in an apartment house with a freakin door man!!! Way much for this California girl (sing the song). IMO, people on the East Coast have their noses way up in the air. They are seriously snobbish, and I was a way liberal. When I talked to a East Coaster they immediately said you're from California huh!?

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
I was able to buy 2 from some guy in a black hoodie.
You're in Pottstown! I lived in Philadelphia in the 90's for a job. I lived on Rittenhouse Square in an apartment house with a freakin door man!!! Way much for this California girl (sing the song). IMO, people on the East Coast have their noses way up in the air. They are seriously snobbish, and I was a way liberal. When I talked to a East Coaster they immediately said you're from California huh!?
There are a lot of snobbish people here but for the most part my 12 house neighborhood is good except for one who really wants everyone to know him by blasting out music driving around crazy and is just weird and wants to know everything about you.