1911 Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So Im in the market for a 1911 (pistol) but dont have alot of cash for a high end 1911. I been doing my research on the Rock Island GI 1911. So far Ive read nothing but good things. Any thoughts? or recommendations?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ive heard they are decent. Dont get a kimber they are waste of money and cost a fortune to fix it something goes wrong. Springfield obviously is really the way to go here on 1911's been doing it well since 1911.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
All 1911s are not made equal, so you are going to have to do some shopping around to narrow those choices down. Even the same make/models shoot differently. I wouldn't get your sights set on just one gun. Shop around, shoot some guns, and make a decision from there. There are plenty of entry level type 1911s on the market that are reliable, in the $400-$600 range. With a little bit of leg work, some of those guns can outcompete any of the high end 1911s......

I was raised on a Colt Gov't Model 1911, and to this day I prefer that to a shiny, overpriced, conversation piece........

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I went ahead and ordered a Rock Island 1911. Its my first 1911 and I'm going to do some upgrades on it. Its good pistol for the price. Ive read alot of good things on Wilson Combat parts... is it just the name or do they really make excellent parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.