100%SA leopard or a mix of two subspecies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChasingBike

5 Year Member
I have contacted with the best vet in my country,she told me it's a definite death and something wrong with those GPPs,almost every GPP died finally....

ChasingBike said:
I have contacted with the best vet in my country,she told me it's a definite death and something wrong with those GPPs,almost every GPP died finally....

I have soaked she/he with warm water three times a day,and I keep the enclosure 83-87F at night,a warm basking spot at daytime(100F) while the coolest place is 80F.

I may give up this hobby,I am wondering why the torts in the USA look much more healthy,Tom told me Sulcata is a hard species,but most of the baby sulcata died when they are very young in China,100/5 will survive,the vet told me if you don't know how to inject the medicine(antibiotics) into the torts' body,you will surely lose many torts,here is China,not the USA.People imported them illegally and few take good care of them....However,I gonna try my best to take care of this little guy,no matter what will happen.
Sad...

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Do not assume that the baby is sick sick. It might just be stress sick. Also, if the baby is stressed and then you inject it, it is more harmful, in my humble opinion. Tortoises go slow. We need to stick to the basics, warm and cozy and keep hydrated. Let it get used to you. Until your baby knows you, you look like something that can eat it. Scary. That has to be very stressful for the babies. Allow it time but make sure the temperatures are right, and soak several times a day so it can flush things out, be it bad foods, or stress chemicals. Maybe add baby food to the soak water. Experts on TFO have suggested this method. Most suggest carrot or squash baby food. Or bird vitamins. Yes, bird vitamins! Get organic baby food if you can. Inject. Inject what? If the vets are injecting Baytril, please know that adult leopard tortoises have been found to be very allergic to Baytril. Imagine, if true, what it does to babies. You can do this. Do not give up. Keep reading, learning and asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.