Zilla t8 50 15watt

Kracker

i need to know the effective range of the zilla t8 desert 50 florecent tube 18". Yearling sulcata needs his uvb'! I hear 8"-12"-even6". I just want an average for effective n functional distance between tort and bulb. Could someone please help me out ?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
i need to know the effective range of the zilla t8 desert 50 florecent tube 18". Yearling sulcata needs his uvb'! I hear 8"-12"-even6". I just want an average for effective n functional distance between tort and bulb. Could someone please help me out ?
That fixture is designed to be 6" - 12" above tortoise height to give approximately UVI of 5.0 - 2.0. I would go with 8". Keep in mind those are approximate. The only way to know for sure is to check with a solarmeter. That way you will know when the output of UVB diminishes as well since it will still put out visible light even though it no longer puts out useful UVB. Should last a year or more, though.

Kracker

Thank u. I swear it's like they avoid it on packaging I looked for two days for strait answer thank u so much u saved me from a headache