Zilla reptile munchies

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I saw some different mixed of these dehydrated / freeze dried reptile treats. I was curious about the fruit mix for my red foot. The omnivore kind has bok choy in it, so thats a no no!
Anybody ever feed this stuff?
Could a red foot eat the freeze dried "river shrimp"?
Just thinking about them as treats, not a diatery base or anything. Sounded like fun. And Artemis is one spoiled brat!
zilla-reptile-munchies-fruit-mix.jpg

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So I saw some different mixed of these dehydrated / freeze dried reptile treats. I was curious about the fruit mix for my red foot. The omnivore kind has bok choy in it, so thats a no no!
Anybody ever feed this stuff?
Could a red foot eat the freeze dried "river shrimp"?
Just thinking about them as treats, not a diatery base or anything. Sounded like fun. And Artemis is one spoiled brat!
View attachment 213969
Regarding the concern of feeding "boc choy" here is a cut/paste from the tortoisetable
regarding,"pak choy"

Common Name: Pak Choi (Pak Choy, Bok Choy, Bok Choi, Chinese Cabbage)
Latin Name: Brassica rapa chinensis
Family Name: Cruciferae/Brassicaceae
This plant contains goitrogens, which can interfere with thyroid activity and contribute to kidney and bladder stones, but it is fine to feed as a small part of a wider, varied diet.

So it seems to me as a "treat" with a good mix of healthy foods, this should not be a problem.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Update: I finally got a bag of this stuff in the mail so that I could give it a try. I got the fruit kind. Its like dehydrated chopped up fruit bits. Artemis seemed to love it . There was mo hesitation on her part! She just immediately started chowing down.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Fruit Mix kind has dehydrated apples, mango, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, peaches, and pears. Looks kind of like rainbow breakfast cereal. Functionally, it's more like instant oatmeal once your dehydrating it. May be good for putting on new foods she won't try....
No bok choy in this kind!
( I thought this stuff was WAY overpriced at those "big box" pet stores I . Way cheaper online...)