ZEUS might be lost forever :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Casselberry
I'm working with over 26ackers of land.
Yesterday afternoon I lost my tortoise through a hole in his cage that an armadillo dug. I've made all the neighbors where and put up plenty of signs up and down the road. I'm completely devastated because I might not find him even though I haven't given up hope. There's just so much wildlife and so much land that he is in paradise. I'm afraid he won't emerge for a few years after he's a little bit bigger. He's only a year old had him ever since he was born I'm really sad. I'm going to turn on his red heat lamp at night and throw some mazuri out in the yard. I will never give up my search or hope for my tort... Please everybody help me pray that he just starts strolling across the front yard. Or that one of my neighbors find him. There's so much wildlife that can kill him but I know he's a tortoise and survival is his thing but as a mother I can't help but worry that my little boy is upside down or in a lake or taken up by an eagle or owl or stomped on by one of the horses or cows.. please pray for my baby ZEUS :(

Attachments

• 1365454745374.jpg
    1365454745374.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 1365454759910.jpg
    1365454759910.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 1365455193838.jpg
    1365455193838.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 348

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Sorry to hear that!! Fingers crossed he turns up soon!!

1 Eastern Hermanns Tortoise 2.5yo

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I really really hope you find him! :( how awful for you. Never give up hope! He's probably snuggled down in some long grass somewhere keeping safe.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm so sorry. Never give up and keep looking. Check under every bush. Most have been found. Fingers crossed he is found for you. Keep us posted.

argus333

5 Year Member
put up signs tell neighbors and local kids. tell local vets as well. put on signs he needs medication may help dissuade someone from keeping him. look under bushes and under decks leaf piles etc....

kjr153

5 Year Member
Chances are he is very near. I thought my Tort was lost and he was burrowed up next to a rock right in front of my face. Good luck.

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
I've been putting his red light on at night hoping he'll see it and come back. Last night was his second night and today is his third full day gone. We just recently moved here and he doesn't know this area like we do. I am devastated because I know that if he does not come up by the end of the week chances are I won't see him for a few years. There's posters all over the neighborhood and their laminated and taped really good so no one can take them off they can't fly away. All of the neighbors know about it and even though I'm hopeful he's alive he's in a paradise at the moment the world is at his feet and he's loving it. I've searched the last two nights till early morning then took care of my daughter and searched all afternoon the past two days and today. I'm so mentally exhausted and drained I feel like I lost my baby. Iv had him since he was a baby he's exactly one year 2 months in 14 days old:( my baby's gone.

Jd3

5 Year Member
Need to try searching during day when it is warm enough hell be active. I'd go through the enclosure really good too. They're stubborn sometimes.

Make sure to call local vets and shelters and animal co from to make sure they know

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Could you get a few people together? Form a line and work your way across the area? I know it might sound and look silly but people might see you doing it and help out? Also you could try leaving tortoise food out for him in several places and see which is gone by morning. Then you'll have a rough idea where he is.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Keep checking his enclosure! Just because there was a hole doesn't mean he escaped. I feel so bad for you. I hope you find your baby. Keep us posted.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I'm so sorry to hear this! What about putting out a big pile of naxuri moistened in warm water with a big pile of greens? If he is in the immediate area maybe he will come eat. Best of luck and keep us posted!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Can you make an opening in his enclosure so if he comes back and sees his enclosure he will have easy access back in?

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
Spent most of the day looking. I put on his night light on outside. I just want to make sure its clear people I'm working with acres and acres of land. I literally live in a forest with no walls to stop him. If he's alive he can be anywhere. I put up lost posters all over the place and all of the neighbors that live in the forest area No he's lost. As a mother I can't help but think he's upside down or in a lake or taken up by an owl or something :( ..... I'm praying I see him scroll across an open field of grass or something.. I will continue to put out Mazuri and check everyday and everynight till hopefully I find him.. I'm so sad I've had neighbors who said they lost their turtles out here and never find them I'm devastated I lost my baby. I got him for my 25th birthday and my daughters 2nd birthday he was a special gift he was supposed to be with our family for over a hundred years grow up with my daughter. She's really sad and my husbands upset the amount of love we had for this tortoise was unbelievable... My birthday is April 26 send my daughter's birthday is May 18 if we don't find him by either of those dates.. My husband's talking about getting another one its just so hard to fill this hole :( :( :( he was so incredibly special to me

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm so sorry :( I know how you feel! My little one got out too, but fortunately my neighbor found her asleep under a large rock 2 blocks away. It was the worse experience of my life :(.

Life is good

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Be optimistic, he may not be with you, but he could be okay. I sure hope he hasn't gone far, you never know where you might find him!

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Keep looking! I agree with a previous post if you can get neighbors to all help you at the same time that would be great. I understand you live in a forest but he's somewhere within that forest and the more who help the search the better. I REALLY hope you find him. Praying for you <3 Please keep us posted.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Can you show us a picture of his enclosure? Also, if his routine was to get up early or late, I would look for him at that time he's searching for food. What I had done from day one was sing the same song to my babies every morning and every evening. I sometimes sneak up on them when they are sleeping, and start singing their song, and immediately they would open their eyes and turn their heads toward me. Once, I had them in a new area, and I sang their song, immediately they started to walk in my direction even when they couldn't see me. If and when you find your baby, start singing a song, let him hear your voice, everyday sing to him so that he recognizes the voice, and maybe you'll never lose him again. The song thing works! Try calling out to him if you think he can recognize your voice. Sullies can walk for miles and miles in one day. You may want to put up signs in neighboring towns too, up to 50 miles from where you live if possible. Wish you the best.

Torts4Life!

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
Oh my gosh I can't even express my concern for you, I'm so so so sorry!!! I wish you the best of luck! There are many people who've lost their tort and have found them, and have found them. Never give up hope because he'll hopefully pop up!! I know this is emotionally and physically draining but thinking the worse has happen will make it so much harder for you and your family. Keeping optimistic and doing what your already doing he has to turn up!! I'll be praying for you and your tort. YOU WILL GET HIM BACK!!! Best of luck!!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
The absolute.worse.feeling.ever. Keep the faith. Here's hoping you find your baby in some nook or cranny that it found to hide in. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.