Yoshi @ 1.5 yrs And a question

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Just an update on my (not so) little buddy, Yoshi. He is now a year and a half old. I can't get him to stay still, he keeps walking around hence the not-so-good pics. I know it's difficult to tell by the pics but I did a proper measurement and he is now 7.5".
He loves to eat and go around his enclosure a lot. Very active during the morning and afternoon.
So my question is do I still keep up the humidity throughout his enclosure (closed chamber) or is having a humid hide enough? I plan to keep him outdoors when spring or summer comes like last year.

Last edited:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I'd keep him outside all day but bring him inside to sleep in the fully humid chamber.

Make sure his outdoor pen is heavily planted. Lots of patches of tall grass or weeds to nestle into. Maybe even some low shrubs or bushes.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Thanks! How warm should it be before I let him outside all day? 70's? I already have a lot of grasses and weeds planted for him. The enclosure is ready but it's still too cold now.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thanks! How warm should it be before I let him outside all day? 70's? I already have a lot of grasses and weeds planted for him. The enclosure is ready but it's still too cold now.

Depends on the weather. 70s and climbing on a sunny day is fine. 70 on a cloudy or rainy day might not be so good.

Also depends on your climate. Where are you?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Thanks, everyone! I do try my best to spoil the little guy (or girl?).

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Wow talk about a looker! Fantastic job. Where was HE acquired from as a baby?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I thought it looked like a Greg T baby. I might have to join that club one day