Yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul

5 Year Member
Hey, my names Henry (which I know I share with many tortoises...), no torts as of yet, but been gathering information, mainly on Herman's, for about a year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Henry! (Or "Yo" if you prefer ;))

141058dmcbars98i.gif

to the forum!

A year's worth of research. I must say, that's dedication. When do you think you'll finally break down and get one?

Yvonne

Soul

5 Year Member
I was planning on soon. It was more breaking down the rents (dw, im 18, just living at home). But I was thinking surely winter isn't good to buy due to hibernation. Unless I get one which doesn't. Really Im looking into Hermanns, as from what ive gathered they are good newb tort's and do well in the UK.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Henry. I admire you dedication to researching torts prior to obtaining one. Yes Hermanns are gret torts with great personalities and a good first time tort. I hear they do well in the UK. :)

Soul

5 Year Member
Cheers all. Better head off to the Hermann's hangout with all my other questions.

shereen

5 Year Member
Hello yo. Im new to this site as well and already im addicted. There's some great facts on here. I've got two hermanns, I've had one for a year and the other two weeks. They really do have there very own little personalities and I love just watching them do there thing. They can do some real funny things. It took me a long time to get my parents to agree to letting me have one. Tortoises are different to when they had them in the old days and need a lot more care and attention now. I refer to mine as the kids as they really are apart of the family. Hope your able to get one soon.

Soul

5 Year Member
shereen said:
Hello yo. Im new to this site as well and already im addicted. There's some great facts on here. I've got two hermanns, I've had one for a year and the other two weeks. They really do have there very own little personalities and I love just watching them do there thing. They can do some real funny things. It took me a long time to get my parents to agree to letting me have one. Tortoises are different to when they had them in the old days and need a lot more care and attention now. I refer to mine as the kids as they really are apart of the family. Hope your able to get one soon.

Haha, yeh, it's great debunking my parents myths of them being 'hardy creatures that live outdoors.' My friend has two Map turtles, I could literally sit and watch them swim, eat lazily and flop into the water. I just love chelonians I guess.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Your going to fit in here well with that love! Hermanns aqqre great animals and you get my respect for doing your homeowrk before getting one!

Status
Not open for further replies.