Yellow-Foots Chowing Down

smwboxer

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
My yellowfoots enjoying a mango on a rainy day in Fort Lauderdale. They free range in the backyard.

Attachments

• DSCN3935.JPG
    DSCN3935.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 53

mikeh

5 Year Member
They are beautiful, thanks for sharing. Love the environment they are in. The one on the right looks like a male. Does he have the hour glass shape? Please share more. What or region are they from? How long have you had them? What are they like?

smwboxer

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Yep, he's a male and the other two are female. They are all Surinames. Pretty much just leave them to do their thing. The male and one female come out when someone is in the backyard but the other female is pretty shy and stays in the plants most of the time. A good rain shower brings them and my two smaller red-foots out for a graze.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice! Welcome to the Forum!

I have 1.2.3 YF tortoises and none of them are outgoing. They either pull into their shells when they see me or they head for the hills. I'm beginning to think my .03 are female, but its hard to tell because when they were hatchlings they bit each others' tails off.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

smwboxer

Fort Lauderdale, FL
When I pick mine up I get the "Let me go" leg swing from all of them. Since they love fruit so much, they always check me out when I'm in the yard, just in case I brought them something.
You know one guy started with the tail biting and the others followed along out of spite!