1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

www.HERMANNIHAVEN.com www.GARDENSTATETORTOISE.com

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by Brandon W, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Nick V.

Nick V. New Member

I purchased a female Florida box turtle and a Burmese star tortoise from Chris. Both of which are spectacular animals in great health. He really cares about the animals he sells and the conservation of incredibly rare species. Definitely looking to buy from him again in the future.
    MyersTortoise likes this.
  2. KevinGG

KevinGG Well-Known Member

Just bought five adults from Chris. He is incredibly helpful. Fair prices. Beautiful, healthy animals. The tortoises ate right out of the box. I couldn't be more pleased. If you are looking for a tortoise, buy from Garden State.
  3. Patty P

Patty P Active Member

Which type of tortoises did you buy?
  4. KevinGG

KevinGG Well-Known Member

1.1 Western Hermanns (Sardinia)

1.2 Mesopotamian (Golden) Greeks
  5. Doreen S.

Doreen S. Member

I also purchased from Chris and everything everyone has to say about him is a hundred percent true his dedication and knowledge and kindness is unbelievable he's a very special person not many like him around I so appreciate him
  6. Franco F

Franco F Active Member TFO Supporter

I purchased a hatchling western Hermann's tortoise (Apulia) from Chris last month and I couldn't be happier with the tortoise. His prices are incredibly fair for a great product, and he is very accessible in terms of reaching out to him with questions. My tortoise is noticeably healthy and is fitting into his home very well. Chris is incredibly dedicated to breeding and is an excellent source of tortoise knowledge. Look out for his care sheets that provide thorough information on how to care for each specific breed of tortoises. I would definitely recommend purchasing from Garden State Tortoise!

Thank you @HermanniChris !
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    MyersTortoise and KevinGG like this.
  7. Thor-toise

Thor-toise Member

So our sweet baby Groot arrived safely and healthy earlier today. I couldn't be more happier to receive such a rare, beautiful specie from no other than Mr. Chris Leone. Now our other baby Scooter is very happy that she has a sister that came from another great collector Mr. Gary. I can attest to what everyone's saying here about him. HE CARES for the animals, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF & if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask....I'll be for sure getting more shelled friends from you again soon & will recommend you to everyone. LOOK NO FURTHER cause Mr. Chris has all the right answers! :DHe's the turtles/tortoises PRO!!!:tort:Thank you @HermanniChris!!!
  8. kittennoodlesoup

kittennoodlesoup New Member

Just purchased a wonderful little T. hermanni hermanni hatchling from Chris and it was a pleasure dealing with him! He's been super responsive to all my questions and was happy to delay shipment until I had my setup right. You can tell that Chris really does care about all his animals. The little guy I received has settled right in and I'm very happy with him.
  9. Bobrose

Bobrose New Member

We bought a western Hermann's from Chris and had an A+ experience. Being new to the world of tortoises, we originally found him by googling and gradually came to realize how well-regarded he is. We originally reached out in the spring to reserve a hatchling for the summer, and when the time rolled around a few months later, there were no hiccups or problems with the shipping process. Chris is very quick to respond to e-mails, and the baby we received arrived in excellent shape and good spirits -- eating well, moving well, adjusting well.

I also highly recommend Chis's websites (see the subject line of this thread) as fantastic and authoritative resources on all things tortoise. So much practical information! I find that I refer to them even more than the books I bought on tortoise care. Even his Instagram is super interesting and informative! His care and respect for the animals shines through.