Winter bloomers

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very Nice Kelly .......^5......I have Biscus' blooming all over as well . Matter of fact yesterday , one of the shrubs needed a trim and the RF's had a field day munching away. Strange though ......the Cherries do not go nuts over Hibi' like the RF's do when it comes to meal times.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Very Nice Kelly .......^5......I have Biscus' blooming all over as well . Matter of fact yesterday , one of the shrubs needed a trim and the RF's had a field day munching away. Strange though ......the Cherries do not go nuts over Hibi' like the RF's do when it comes to meal times.
Fantastic. I feed to special torts like the angulated and chacos when I get small amount of blooms. But I haven't noticed the cherrys not really favoring them

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
The Reds go nutz even for leaves......matter of fact it's funny to put out several branches "full of life" and come back hour or so later ....and all that's left on the ground are branches and stems. Great pics and flowers ....thanks for sharing! :)

kmartin

central Florida
Hibiscus flowers come in so many colors. And different types, like the double. And has any one seen the Chinese type? They are a burgundy color with almost purple leaves. I had them for years until it froze for more than a couple of nights a few years ago. I have photos but when I try to load them I get kicked off the net. Sorry.:mad:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hibiscus flowers come in so many colors. And different types, like the double. And has any one seen the Chinese type? They are a burgundy color with almost purple leaves. I had them for years until it froze for more than a couple of nights a few years ago. I have photos but when I try to load them I get kicked off the net. Sorry.:mad:
Would love to see them .....I myself have around 12 varieties - sort of a new flower kick for me ....as it's been Bamboo and Plumeria for the last 25 years ....

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hibiscus is so hard for me to grow! I usually buy a small 1 gallon plant and plant it in decent soil. They never grow and I have had about 2 blooms. So frustrating !

Any tips for me? The one I have now looks like a charlie brown tree.

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
OK, some things bloom here, even in the cold rain we've been getting; the blue hibiscus went to mush, but the Abutilons are going strong.
'Frieda'
image.jpg

'Thompsonii'
image.jpg