Will this work

Andy27012

5 Year Member
i am planning on getting two brown mountain tortoise and was wanting to run my setup by some more experienced keepers. I plan on purchasing the water land small terrestrial tub. I will use the 1/4 section for a small shallow pool and the land side will have cypress mulch. Both sides will have a 1/2" bulkhead drain. The land side will be sprayed four times a day for two and half to three minutes a time. Excess will drain via bulkhead. I live in the south near a large lake and am hoping this will keep them happy humidity wise. I plan on growing my own broad leaf mix for food. They will of course have a hide and I plan on using a 100 watt full spectrum mercury vapor bulb to provide a basking spot around 85 degrees.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
My only concern is it may not be big enough for two tortoises. Once you get a hiding place or two, a feeding tile and some plants for sight barriers and shade, there won't be much room left.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If this is for hatchlings, why not save lots of money and use the largest plastic tote box or two that you can find? What you want to use are expensive for what they are and the size and they won't house them as adults if you thought it would

Andy27012

5 Year Member
No, I just need something big enough to get them through the first year or two until I build a catproof run and I feel they are big enough to fend for themselves.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Definitely go with the medium, not the small. A medium will hold you over for their first 18 - 24 months.