Will pay for Mulberry and Grape leaves

Shaif

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi! I've been looking for healthy tort foods for my little ones. Will pay for organic, pesticide free leaves!

Thank you!

Cymmie

5 Year Member
I have a huge amount of mulberry leaves growing on my own personal trees. No pesticides used, and completely organic. I use them to feed my tort and my silkworms. I am not sure how I would send them fresh to you? Do have a good idea off the top of your head? If not I could probably look it up ^^

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
That's a good question. I'll try to find some info too!

Thank you for responding! I would love some leaves if we can figure it out!

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Supposedly if I ship them with a cool pack and you immediately put them in the fridge they might last around 2 weeks?

I have to order some cool packs for doing so but I should be able to get some to you soon then. I have two trees and they just start putting out leaves so I will have a lot for the rest of the warm seasons XD

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Sure thing I will send a pm/message when I have everything I need. Teo (my Tort) absolutely loves them, though he only goes through one or two of the larger leaves in one feeding because he usually gets something else with it and the larger leaves are huge.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

Cymmie

5 Year Member
I never thought of dehydrating the leaves.... considering I have a dehydrator, several types of edible cacti for torts, the mulberry trees, poppies, and several other types of plants that I regularly grow that aren't even leaves, it sounds like a smart things to do.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Oh and if you want something else I grow and I have it at the time I will send it. I have a bunch of stuff that my single Hermann's cannot go through on his on. I have californian poppies, the mulberry of course, hibiscus flowers when they pop up, camellia (which I feed a few petals of to Teo like once every two weeks (no issues)), I have rose that is safe, and various herbs. I will have sprouts of tort friendly greens, but I don't think they will ship well XD

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
That would be so very awesome! I would love some great heathy tort foods. Thank you!

Cymmie

5 Year Member
XD of course ^^ I always have too much this time of year

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I can personally endorse the dried opuntia that Will sells- or, rather, my Hermann's tort can endorse it! :D She eats it very happily, it keeps super-well, she gets calcium and phosphorous at a good ratio. AND I don't get those dang glochlids in my fingers any more since I don't have to chop up fresh opuntia!!! :) Happy customer here!

Eduardo Hernandez

Orange County, California
I'm also looking to buy some as well! Can't seem to find any around where I live, and I have a black thumb so growing anything is out of the question lol. If you do find some way to ship them let me know!

Cymmie

5 Year Member
I should have a way to ship them easy, I just gotta wait for some money at the correct moment to buy the cool packs I need ^^

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I never thought of dehydrating the leaves.... considering I have a dehydrator, several types of edible cacti for torts, the mulberry trees, poppies, and several other types of plants that I regularly grow that aren't even leaves, it sounds like a smart things to do.
If you got the time, I think you have a small hobby brewing here that could make you a couple bucks. Drying your tort safe flowers, leaves and weeds, etc and selling them like Will sells his dried cactus. Or ship fresh. Even if they dry some in shipping, they will still be happily eaten by the torts.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
XD lol, I am specially happy to share my edible plants, probably wouldn't charge as much as I should... I do it with my various species of insects I raise for my other reptiles too. A lot of people don't have the ability to raise insects like I can but they get them from me as occasional change up in the diets. I know I definitely don't charge as most people, because I often get over run by my insects, and I need to offload them.I love them like crazy but I have a hard time keep the herd thinned with just my 6 insect eaters. XD It's kind of like that with my plants that I grow. They do too well for me. And I don't honestly know why.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
The cool packs likely won't be able to be ordered for around a week or so... But I will get them to me as quickly as possible when I do get the cash to order them. I just gotta wait for my next payment. Afterwards I am pretty much able to send everything out quickly after that. I will be ordering them in bulk... I think I get 30 for just under 20 dollars.

If anyone wants any, go ahead and message me if I haven't already messaged you. We will work out some sort of "order" XD?

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Ok so I know the cool pack ordering took longer than expected but I am ordering it right now, it is supposed to be here on the 18th... hopefully it will be, then I will be sending out the orders that have already been asked for. And if anyone else wants any message me. I will be testing, the mulberry leaves and californian poppies I have for certain in the fridge to see if they will do well with cold temps and how long they may keep for. I think the other stuff will do fine. So much love to your torts <3