Why is my hermann tortoise so hyper .

Fe-2470

Hi everyone i have just logged on to this but my tortoise is behaving very weirdly,
I have just picked up my hermann tortoise after i have been on holiday and she is running about her run and climbed on top of her shelter countless times.
Can anyone explain this?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi everyone i have just logged on to this but my tortoise is behaving very weirdly,
I have just picked up my hermann tortoise after i have been on holiday and she is running about her run and climbed on top of her shelter countless times.
Can anyone explain this?

Is her enclosure large enough? Is she trying to climb out of it? :rolleyes: What about temperature and humidity?

Please post pics of your tort and her enclosure. This will enable us to help you more easily.:D

And a very warm welcome to the forum!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
How big is the enclosure?

It sounds like your tort has been in a different enclosure while you were away. Your tort may take some time to settle

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Welcome! Sometimes when my tort starts acting super hyper, it means she needs some time to run around outside. When I take her back in, she calms right down. Do you give your tortoise outside play time if you house it indoors?