Why does Bella attract slugs??

HelloBella

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North of England
I have noticed in the past if I find Bella down a burrow later at night I will often find slugs on her. Tonight I have pulled off seven - SEVEN! - from large to tiny. I doubt they do any harm but they are gross. Does anyone else find this?

Attachments

• 1403219445867.jpg
    1403219445867.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 36

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In the evening, after Bella has gone down for the night, set out a saucer of beer. Many slugs will be drowned in there by morning.

HelloBella

5 Year Member
North of England
Thanks Yvonne :) God only knows where the slugs come from, there are only yards around where I live. Bella only has a 4x4 ft 'garden' of weeds (as well as roam of the rest of the concrete yard). Its a wonder to me how the slugs locate us from nowhere.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Beer, can i have some?

inkling13

5 Year Member
central NY
Maybe the slugs are just looking for a slightly faster form of transportation? All aboard the tortoise express!

I would find slugs on my Red Foot Tortellini on rare occasions. More often, I'd go to bring her in for the night and find her beak coated in this unidentifiable sticky crud which I would do my best to wipe off. Then one day I was watching her do her thing outside and witnessed her spot, attack, and happily eat a slug. Viola, nasty mystery crud identified.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Like this?
2w23cxj.jpg

or this?
30lii6b.jpg