White spot on Sulcata's head

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Is there any way you could oost couple of good close up pictures of this wound, couple different views with good zoom where we can see more detail? Somehow I don't think it's an abscess from the history of it that you gave us. At least I have never seen and abscess lasting for a year. However, whatever it is, keeping it clean will be imperative now. Also soak daily and feed good diet to help the tort's body along in him trying to heal this wound. Personally I don't see an issue with putting a bandaid on the tort as long as the adhesive is on structures more solid then the fleshy soft paper thin skin of the neck which would make removing it a hazard of giving him a nasty skin tear. If you have any type of adhesive dressing that could be applied to the hard non-movable parts where tort is not likely to rub it off and eat it... I'd say to your Mom: "go for it"

Tortski

Arizona
I hope this is good enough. He's not bleeding, it's just stuff that wouldn't get washed out. I tried to put a bandaid on last night, and only half way stuck. I tried to put gauze to keep it, but he would just hide in his shell. Hopefully he is more cooperative now

1499617556372.jpg

Tortski

Arizona
Oh, poor tort.
Do you have hydrogen peroxide in the house ? You can clean the wound with this. The next days you must have a close look that no fly lay eggs in this wound. I think it will be healing without complications.
Where did he get this wound ? Is there a sharp thing or corner in his enclosure ?
Sorry, I'm not sure if I came off a bit rude or something. I wasn't try to scare you away or anything.

Bee62

Germany
Sorry, I'm not sure if I came off a bit rude or something. I wasn't try to scare you away or anything.

Hi, you do not have to apologize. You weren`t rude or something else.
I hope the wound of your tort heals good and quick.

Tortski

Arizona
Hi, you do not have to apologize. You weren`t rude or something else.
I hope the wound of your tort heals good and quick.
Oh good, I wasn't sure. Thanks, it looks like it had gotten a little vit better overnight

Tortski

Arizona
Thanks to all of you. You have no idea how much it means to me that multiple people help with him. I will keep you updated, when there is something to update. Today he has just been the same old tort as he usually is. As for the wound, it hasn't changed much

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I hope this is good enough. He's not bleeding, it's just stuff that wouldn't get washed out. I tried to put a bandaid on last night, and only half way stuck. I tried to put gauze to keep it, but he would just hide in his shell. Hopefully he is more cooperative now

View attachment 212172
I'd do mandatory daily bath, wash it out under running water then gently drying with clean paper towel to absorb all the moisture before you apply antibiotic oint. Now whatever you apply, PLEASE make sure it doesn't end up running into his eye bcs some of those ointments can be quite burning to the mucosal tissue and you'd have one more problem on your hands aside from your torts and suffering horrible pain of a a chemical eye burn

Tortski

Arizona
To me it looks better, but I wanted to get your guys' opinions. As for the "spot" on the side I don't remember that being there before. The lighting makes the "spot" look worse than it does in person. I was already being cautious not to get ointment in his eyes, but now I will be even more

Attachments

• 1499889145909.jpg
    1499889145909.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 27

Tortski

Arizona
Okay, I looked back at my picture and it seems it must've been part of the bump, and it just sorta deflated or something

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
It looks a lot better! It looks like you've done a good job keeping it clean as well.

Tortski

Arizona
Thanks all of you! It wasn't exactly easy to keep him clean, as he learned to HATE it. He has to make it into a fight, and he didn't even let me put another band aid on to make sure the other one sticks.

Bee62

Germany
Thanks all of you! It wasn't exactly easy to keep him clean, as he learned to HATE it. He has to make it into a fight, and he didn't even let me put another band aid on to make sure the other one sticks.

Tortoise are not easy to handle and big tortoises are even more difficult. I can imagine well that he don`t wants that his wound is treated.:) Stubborn torts !:tort:

Tortski

Arizona
I haven't seen Tort doing this, so I'm not sure if it is normal at all. He was sleeping (I think) with his eye (I didn't think to look at the other) oneopen and rolled back. He might be just been looking at something. When I reached over to tap his nose he noticed me so he hid in his shell, which he normally does because I'm a scary monster

Tortski

Arizona
I should really think stuff through before I post. It looks more like he is just looking at his band aid because some of it is sticking out to avoid putting it on his ear

Bee62

Germany
I haven't seen Tort doing this, so I'm not sure if it is normal at all. He was sleeping (I think) with his eye (I didn't think to look at the other) oneopen and rolled back. He might be just been looking at something. When I reached over to tap his nose he noticed me so he hid in his shell, which he normally does because I'm a scary monster

Scary monster ! Hahaha ! That`s funny.
I wish I would know how torts think about us !:)

Tortski

Arizona
Still look good to you guys?

Attachments

• 1500254276943.jpg
    1500254276943.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 21

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
I think you accidentally posted the same photo as you did in your last update.