White discolouration and squiggly lines

Alisha Hawkins

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hello there!
My tortoise is currently around 3 and a half years old and has had a bit of a growth spurt... as a first time tortoise owner i just wanted a second opinion, he appears to have developed white squiggly lines on his shell and plastron (ive looked around and seen theyre often related to growing fast and not a problem but im terrible for worrying) and also that parts of his plastron look a bit dicoloured like a milky white or transparency ... is this shell rot or something else? 20170304_122332.jpg 20170304_122248.jpg

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I can't see the discolouration you are talking about - only the very normal white squiggles. I wouldn't be concerned about this plastron - it looks fine to me.

Alisha Hawkins

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
I can't see the discolouration you are talking about - only the very normal white squiggles. I wouldn't be concerned about this plastron - it looks fine to me.
Okay thankyou :) it wasnt so much the lines i was worried about as the tranparent or milky looking parts of the plastron really, but if theyre not apparent it should be fine

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The squiggly lines happen in many species and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with growth, fast or otherwise.

Your tortoise looks normal and fine to me too.