Which subspecies do I have?

Chrigu

Hello everyone
I just got my baby greek tortoise today, but im really not sure wich subspecies i have. So wich is it?
Thanks for the responses
IMG-20170402-WA0014.jpeg IMG-20170402-WA0006.jpeg

Chrigu

Has nobody an idea? I just want to make sure that it isnt a testudo graeca ibera, because that would be to big.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Post a picture of the plastron as well and then tag @HermanniChris so he can take a look.

My Graeca Graeca grew to 10.5 inches so I don't know what your expectations are of Greeks. They all need plenty of space outdoors as they grow

Chrigu

I don't really know how to tag someone, so im just trying something out... Is this correct?
@HermanniChris
#HermanniChris

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    877.5 KB · Views: 10

Chrigu

Okay thanks, i will build him a tortoise-table with the size of 59" to 51"-59". This should be ok for him, isn't it?

I know that is difficult in this age, but could someone see if it is a male or a female?

And another question, i bought a tortoisefood yesterday, it is just dried plants, but the proteinlevel is 9,4%. I don't know if this is just because it is dried but is this to much protein? Normally i feed him fresh plants from the garden, but if it is raining, i like to give him something other.

Chrigu

Yes, at the moment hes in a small "tortoise-table" that is open, but i can close it easily. The 59" to 51"-59" table is planed for when he's bigger, i think a table with this size is big enough, what do you think?

Is there no way to find out the gender?