Where to keep tortoise while on Vacation

Hankilloh

Location (City and/or State)
Saskatoon!! Say whaaaaat
hey guys so I'm going On a four day vacation and I'm not sure what to do with my Hermans tortoise. I do have someone to take care of him but can't come very often. And he has a problem with flipping himself over when climbing and I don't want him to be stuck for 12 hours with no one to help him. Would it be better if I bought a small travel sized "auquarim/tank" and brought him with me on my vacation. It wouldn't be for long but I don't know if that's bad for him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Flipping over can be almost completely cured by modifying the enclosure and or items in it.
This might take some trial and error.
I would not risk the tortoise flipping with no one to help.
Can you give your friend the whole enclosure?

Hankilloh

Saskatoon!! Say whaaaaat
Flipping over can be almost completely cured by modifying the enclosure and or items in it.
This might take some trial and error.
I would not risk the tortoise flipping with no one to help.
Can you give your friend the whole enclosure?
He enjoys climbing on his half log which he often sleeps under do you know what I could use instead?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you really want to correct the flipping problem as soon as possible. if this was my choice I would remove the item that causes him to flip no matter how much she may enjoy it. you could try sinking the log lower so he doesn't have anything to climb onto

Hankilloh

Saskatoon!! Say whaaaaat
you really want to correct the flipping problem as soon as possible. if this was my choice I would remove the item that causes him to flip no matter how much she may enjoy it. you could try sinking the log lower so he doesn't have anything to climb onto
I will try making it lower that's a very good Idea thank you