Where to buy clear vinyl for door strips?

Ellie Mae

Have converted a dog house into a night box but would like to put those clear plastic strips on the door for daytime, I checked at Home Depot and couldn't find anything like it, any other ideas?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
TAP plastic. But expensive.

You may also looking into industrial refrigeration supply company.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Sorry! Forgot to welcomes you to the forum.

Welcome!:)

Ellie Mae

Thanks! I was given this Sulcata after he was found in the road, and thought he would be an easy, low maintenance addition to my menagerie...ha ha, I'v never done a 3 AM bed check on any of my other critters to make sure they are not too hot or too cold!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I bought mine at home depot! Just have to know where to look.

It comes on a long roll and you pay per foot. Super cheap!

I did a thread on it before....search and you'll find it. I'm no good at linking to threads while using my phone, sorry.

Ellie Mae

I think it was your thread that sent me to HD, but they were mystified and I sure couldn't find it.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The first few times searched I couldn't find it. Even the employees were clueless at first.

It's near the carpet/flooring department. In an isle, the role hanging on a big metal pole. $2 something per foot and its 18" or so wide. I bought 2 feet so I had a 4'x18" piece.
I described it as the office chair floor mat material and that helped a worker find it.

Show them the photos if that helps!

Alaskamike

South Florida
Welcome. Good fortune with your new family member. The 1st time I did a strip door I got the clear vinyl from Joann fabrics. 2nd on was clear car floor matts I ordered on Amazon ( like $12)
Now I know Home Depot has 'em I'll get them there.

Just remember these guys are escape artists. They love to walk the perimeter of their enclosure and push against everything. If it gives way ( like under a loose chain link ) off they go on a walkabout. :)

Ellie Mae

The first few times searched I couldn't find it. Even the employees were clueless at first.

It's near the carpet/flooring department. In an isle, the role hanging on a big metal pole. $2 something per foot and its 18" or so wide. I bought 2 feet so I had a 4'x18" piece.
I described it as the office chair floor mat material and that helped a worker find it.

Show them the photos if that helps!
That makes sense! Sigh, back to HD ; )

Ellie Mae

Welcome. Good fortune with your new family member. The 1st time I did a strip door I got the clear vinyl from Joann fabrics. 2nd on was clear car floor matts I ordered on Amazon ( like $12)
Now I know Home Depot has 'em I'll get them there.

Just remember these guys are escape artists. They love to walk the perimeter of their enclosure and push against everything. If it gives way ( like under a loose chain link ) off they go on a walkabout. :)

He already has a record of escaping, that's how he came to me. He seems content where he is for now, it's a combination of chain link and pipe corrals with horse fencing on them that I have fortified with stumps and concrete blocks (he shares it with the pig and goat when they are not free ranging). I think it's strong enough as long as he doesn't start digging the tunnel from the Great Escape. He is now wearing my phone number on his underside... ( i know there's a name for that but have been too busy researching tortoise night boxes ~ )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have always bought mine online. Search Google for "Vinyl Strip Door"

Ellie Mae

He already has a record of escaping, that's how he came to me. He seems content where he is for now, it's a combination of chain link and pipe corrals with horse fencing on them that I have fortified with stumps and concrete blocks (he shares it with the pig and goat when they are not free ranging). I think it's strong enough as long as he doesn't start digging the tunnel from the Great Escape. He is now wearing my phone number on his underside...
I have always bought mine online. Search Google for "Vinyl Strip Door"
Oh my, seems minimum order $ 99...

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Yeah, at Hope Depot it is vinyl carpet protector. Some come with dimples some without, I choose the one without the dimples. It is in the Flooring section of the store. Each store is arranged different, but even if you get someone from another department they should all more or less know where the protectors are for stairs and stair treds and hallway carpet protectors. Sometimes called vinyl runner. It works well, multiple layers work better than a single layer, it seems the tortoises like to push through it. Actually like it.

Put your basic city address here, and I'll find it in YOUR home depot, the online system is good enough to do the. Be sure to use @ and Will, so I look back here to look for you, if you don't find it yourself. Lowe's does not seem to carry the non-dimple kind.

Ellie Mae

Yeah, at Hope Depot it is vinyl carpet protector. Some come with dimples some without, I choose the one without the dimples. It is in the Flooring section of the store. Each store is arranged different, but even if you get someone from another department they should all more or less know where the protectors are for stairs and stair treds and hallway carpet protectors. Sometimes called vinyl runner. It works well, multiple layers work better than a single layer, it seems the tortoises like to push through it. Actually like it.

Put your basic city address here, and I'll find it in YOUR home depot, the online system is good enough to do the. Be sure to use @ and Will, so I look back here to look for you, if you don't find it yourself. Lowe's does not seem to carry the non-dimple kind.
Wow! It's 92028 and my local is Oceanside, Ca. That sounds like the stuff @Will, thanks!!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Wow! It's 92028 and my local is Oceanside, Ca. That sounds like the stuff @Will, thanks!!
Well aren't I the royal strip-less zebra. They are out, I bought the remainder of the roll. We are neighbors, I'm in Carlsbad. I have some left over, you are welcome to it.
215-483-7675 text so I can get that to you. First thing I've had to laugh about all day in quite awhile.

Ellie Mae

I called them yesterday and they said they had some but I didn't make it down there. You mean you bought them out after I called ?!?