Where to buy baby tortoises?

ShellyTheTortoise71

Hey everyone. Soon I am planning on buying two baby red foot tortoises. Originally, I wanted to buy them from backwater reptiles. But after doing more research, I quickly learned that people have had awful experiences there. I watched many review videos on YouTube and I was not pleased. So, I found this other website, Tortoise Supply, and they have fabulous reviews. My question is, what do you guys think of Tortoise Supply? Do you have positive experiences? Are they trustworthy? Thanks in advance.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If I were going to buy a RF, I would check first with @cdmay @allegraf or @N2TORTS or most likely all three. There are other good breeders here too. I've just had the most interaction with these three.

Tyler is very trustworthy and a great guy. He and I have differing views about how best to start babies, but you can expect nothing but integrity if you choose to deal with him.

And you should not get a pair unless you intend to house them separately. Singles are best and groups of three or more usually work just fine. Pairs often end in disaster.

Lexiii

Location (City and/or State)
CT
N2TORTS is who sold me my perfectly adorable tort. ;)