Where can I get big pebbles?

turdle yerdle

Location (City and/or State)
IL
I have been searching for pebbles but all the ones I could find were small pebbles. I need pebbles like the ones in this photo:
imgres

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Home Depot or Lowes.....will have your "Mexican Black Smooth Rock " available in different sizes. Or you can go to a material yard and get all different types of landscape rock and aggregate. Where are you located?
(What City in IL?)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Wow, I have about 10 tons of it in my backyard. River rock everywhere! From the size of a golf ball to a football.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
+1 Lowes or Home depot.
Make sure that all pebbles are too big to fit into a tortoises mouth...If you are using them to beautify a tortoise enclosure.
Out in the garden department, Home depot has the pebbles and rocks on a shelf so that you can see the size before buying a whole bag.

CaptainMorgan

Can't see the image either, but I'll make assumptions. Between my RES and my Redfoot, I've used....
- Aquarium rocks from general pet stores ($$)
- River rocks from Lowes ($)
- Decorative pebbles from art stores ($$$) Make sure to cleanse them of chemicals first!
- Smooth river rocks for decorative purposes from Ikea stores (perhaps the rocks are swedish? eh). Pretty cheap too ($)

You best bet for the money and accessibility is to buy a selection of river rocks from Lowes/Home Depot.